Audio and Subtitle Track Labels for MKV Containers

Michael K.
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

• 2 weeks later...
daedalus

Hopefully soon, thanks.

after over a year we get a "Hopefully soon" on something, that should have been an advanced option on the first day :blink:  :huh: 

• Like 4

miniliQuid

after over a year we get a "Hopefully soon" on something, that should have been an advanced option on the first day :blink:  :huh:

Patience is a virtue. Implementation speed differs for each request depending on how much things are requested and how easy it is to implement, which makes sense.

• Like 1

daedalus

Patience is a virtue. Implementation speed differs for each request depending on how much things are requested and how easy it is to implement, which makes sense.

this was already implemented and got completely remove for the "new method of brainless uniforming"

so we don't demand inventing rocket science here

and no for things like this i don't have and any understanding for such long "delays"

Edited by daedalus
  • Like 1

Spaceboy

this was already implemented and got completely remove for the "new method of brainless uniforming"

so we don't demand inventing rocket science here

and no for things like this i don't have and any understanding for such long "delays"

lol he’s only been here three months. Once he has been waiting several years for simple fixes like us he will be feeling the same way...
  • Like 4

chowbok

Pssst... 

sed -i.bak -e 's@v.DisplayTitle@v.Title@g' /usr/lib/emby-server/dashboard-ui/scripts/itemdetailpage.js

You didn't hear it from me

daedalus

if you mean replacing all v.DisplayTitle with v.Title in itemdetailpage.js

this changes nothing here

daedalus

v4.1.0.12

still showing the by emby self created titles

even if it would work, it's an unfavourable solution, these files get overwritten on every update and it only works on the webclient

Edited by daedalus

chowbok

Dunno what to tell you. Maybe reload the relevant pages? Try in a different browser, see if it's a cache issue? Here's how it looks for me:

5c7ce85abebea_labels.jpg

chowbok

even if it would work, it's an unfavourable solution, these files get overwritten on every update and it only works on the webclient

Well, yeah, I never meant to suggest different. Just a stopgap until Luke re-implements it properly.

daedalus

have to apologize, it's working, but only on the selection fields on top, mediainfo on the bottom, where i was looking at only, still shows the self created titles

but wait what :o , emby is collecting and holding theses values in the database all the time

and for over a year emby devs just don't allow us to view these, cause they can't manage to implement pulling another value ? :blink::huh:

this is literally ridiculous

Edited by daedalus
  • Like 1

We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks guys.

Michael K.

We are working as hard and as fast as we can to make everyone as happy as possible. Thanks guys.

You guys are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. Lot's of good stuff in the new v4 which is laying the groundwork for features like this. 

• Like 1

Michael K.

Shouldn't this thread at least be unmarked as "completed"?

Probably. It was completed at one time, but has regressed back to development.

Edited by Michael K.

• 1 month later...
  • Solution

An option for this will return in the upcoming 4.1 server release. Thanks guys.

• Like 6

ShoutingMan

That's awesome to hear!!! Really looking forward to seeing this update!  :D

Michael K.

Great work!! You guys rock!!!! 

daedalus

can you tell us how this option works?

set the option, ran a library scan, still no embedded titles

and don't dare to tell us, "this only works for new files", you hold these information in the DB from the beginning and just have to pull another value

Edited by daedalus

No, you can flip it back and forth anytime. It won't require refreshing existing content.

daedalus

strangely a server restart fixed it here

would it be possible to also add the language tag to the selection fields?

Edited by daedalus

To the audio/subtitle selections? Those selections use the display title of the embedded track, which is either the auto-generated one from Emby, or the embedded one if you toggled that setting.

daedalus

the auto generated also contain the language and why should i also add eg the language to the embedded title if there is an extra tag for it?

they also contain default/forced flags, these information are now also "lost"

Edited by daedalus