coverart - bug with SD/HD setting

techywarrior

techywarrior

@@ebr Never had an issue before (although I can't confirm) but I just added the Alien Anthology and I ripped them all at 1280 x (whatever the appropriate height was) and two of the movies got the HD treatment and two got the SD treatment.

I verified the width on the files and they are all 1280px wide.

Brendon

same thing has been happening to me mate, have been ripping all my blu-rays off the shelf and have had about 5 or 6 now do it, still looking into it myself, also noticed it with a few downloaded ones, i have told ebr i will log it once i finish adding in my collection and i'll have a few doing it by then to give more of an idea what's going on.

What i have had success with occasionally and no idea why, remove the movie to another drive not seen by MBS, then movie it back in a little while after deleting any files with it, about 50% of the time CA gets it right second go.

Also noticed it happens more often than not with box sets, i actually get Night at The Museum movies to apply the BD cover, but if i put them into a collection folder the switch to DVD cover :(

Edited by Brendon

Brendon

@@techywarrior i can give you a temporary work-around for it if you use deinition by type as i do and you only have the odd movie here and there doing it like me mate.

Open the movies .xml and find;

<Type>Movie</Type>

change it to;

<Type>Blu-Ray</Type>

Refresh the metadata and it should have the BD cover now, obviously make sure they are HD first :rolleyes:

techywarrior

It's ok. I mostly just wanted to point it out to ebr. There should be an update to coverart soon to fix up a compatibility issue with the new server beta so maybe it will get fixed then.

Brendon

still not sure whats going on with it but i did what i suggested, changed the meta in 4 movies to say either 'HD' or 'Blu-Ray', CA immediately applied the correct HD cover, after the next scan MBS changed the meta back to 'Movie' but CA stayed with HD cover :rolleyes:

It sounds like the image is getting generated before the media info is finished being collected.

• 2 weeks later...
shadetree

I'm chiming in for a +1.  

For a while I have experienced only some of the SD .wtv that have AC3 audio being treated as DVDs, the HD .wtv are always correct.  Some of the .mkv HD that also have a AC3 codec for extenders are also being treated as DVDs.

As mentioned, I previously had some detection miss with MB2 if I updated just the video file to HD, only had to move the file to another drive or NAS and remap to correct, but the MB3 server cache now remembers all to well and nothing is corrected.

Perhaps there is a way to refresh/delete the cache in MB3 to rebuild until the codec detections are improved if that is the issue. 

My system is a few months up WIN7-32, and is on the latest beta builds, switching SD/HD on and off restarting the server and rescan has no effect.

This is the only issue I have with MB3, it's brilliant!

Edited by shadetree