Photo Album Primary Image keeps changing

DaN
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

DaN

Hi

I have a well organized photo collection where I maintain different albums; my problem is:

Emby will generate a cover photo (primary and thumbnail images) for each album when it scans it first; later; I choose a particular image to be the album's primary image, and I set it manually as primary and thumbnail images. but after few days, I found that emby will regenerate a new cover image (most probably it's the same that was generated the first time); now my concerns are:

• I renamed the primary images as folder.jpg and tried also backdrop.jpg; why emby doesn't pick these by default, like it does in media collection (movies and TV shows)
  • I locked further updates from metadata editor; which by default locks the updates for images; but still primary and thumbnail images are changed.

Is there any basis or criteria based on which emby will generate the cover image? and if not is it possible to consider folder.jpg or backdrop.jpg as default primary and thumbnail images?

Regards,

DaN

Hi, we do use folder jpg as the default primary image, if present.

DaN

well, that's valid for the first level only. in my case, I organized my library in the following manner:

Photos >

>Family>

Album01>

pic001.jpg

pic002.jpg

folder.jpg

Album02>

pic001.jpg

pic002.jpg

folder.jpg

folder.jpg

in my collection only Family will have primary image as folder.jpg; but not the next level. that's where I have the problem.

Regards,

DaN

• Solution

This is resolved for the next release, although photo albums that have already had a dynamic image created may not be automatically repaired, this requiring manual deletion.

• Like 2

DaN

May I know if that will go for beta any time soon, my updates are set to official release [emoji16]

DaN

BTW, it didn't require any manual deletion. all cover images were automatically fetched with the very next library scan. I'm happy with it now  :)

Edited by DaN
  • Like 1