Local & Remote Access : IP Address

dabou

dabou

Hi,

When I open the Web Dashboard of the Emby Server : Version 3.0.5933.0,  I get these IP addresses for the local/remote access for my server running on MacOS X : 192.168.1.80

Running on http port 8096, and https port 8920.

I can access the Web Server at this address : 192.168.1.80:8096 (locally/remotely) or from kody (Raspberry, MacOS) 

Questions : Why are IP addresses displayed (172.xxxx, 83.xxx) ? Do we have change them ? If yes How

Regards,

Charles

Hi, they are displayed for your information. you can change the remote address under Advanced -> Hosting.

• Like 1

suds2712

Ready to smash my pc into a million bits. Emby works great over my home network but try remote access, no chance. it finds my server using my phone on 4g but will not access,were unable to connect to the selected server right now, please ensure it's running. Yes i am sitting looking at it running. grrr.

I have added emby into bt homehub 5 port forwarding so there should not be a problem there. HELP.

Ready to smash my pc into a million bits. Emby works great over my home network but try remote access, no chance. it finds my server using my phone on 4g but will not access,were unable to connect to the selected server right now, please ensure it's running. Yes i am sitting looking at it running. grrr.

I have added emby into bt homehub 5 port forwarding so there should not be a problem there. HELP.

Hi, welcome. Take a look at the external address that is displayed on the server dashboard. Is this correct?

suds2712

when I type remote access ip into another pc on my home network it brings up my bt home hub 5 settings. when i type the same address into my phone on 4g it does nothing.

when I type remote access ip into another pc on my home network it brings up my bt home hub 5 settings. when i type the same address into my phone on 4g it does nothing.

Ok, I would take a look at our Connectivity Troubleshooter. Please try the steps listed there and let us know how far you get before you run into a problem. Thanks.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi , i already did the troubleshooter i opened port 80 and i still can't have access so i don't know what the problem is . Do you know what other problem can be ? Thank you

@@Yusot, instead of port 80, start by going back to the default port, 8096. Trying to use port 80 is always more complicated. Start with the default, and then when that works you can play with port 80.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks !

• 1 year later...
Droyd01

Last night i lost emby!

The server is on a PC, data is on a NAS and the client is a shield, router/moden is BT Superhub 2.

I also run Emby Theatre and the android app.

If I go to the server PC and login using localhost - I can get in.  But using the IP on other home network machines - nothing.

The I noticed that the server dashboard doesn't list my local IP as it used to.

Operating at the outer edge of my technical knowledge!

PS Just noticed that the network shares to my NAS are coming up as unobtainable on the server ps too - no problem accessing them from another PC.

post-64414-0-48571000-1559396642_thumb.jpg

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log? did you try restarting the server? thanks.

Droyd01

Struggling to upload logs - I split them into two - this is the second part.  Will try in a separate post.

I have reinstalled the server - but still the same issue.

Thanks

Logs 2.pdf

Can you zip it up? Also please use the original plain text format rather than PDF. Thanks.

Droyd01

Sorry Luke - being very stupid.

I have redone the logs - in TXT this time - no problem uploading.

I have reinstalled the server but still having the same problem.  I can see the sever and get interact with it directly, but nothing else can see it and the server dashboard doesn't list the local IP.

Logs.txt

Is this immediately after starting up, or does it disappear sometime later?