DVBViewer Live TV Plugin

pünktchen

pünktchen

The long awaited live tv plugin for DVBViewer Recording Service is now awailable in Emby's plugin catalogue!

I started this project just for fun, to see how easy it is to port an existing tv plugin to an other service
and to check myself for my little coding skills. Unfortunately because of the ugly API and bad documentation of DVBViewer's Recording Service
it wasn't always that funny for me. Anyway it's ready for release i think.
I didn't tested it that much myself (i'm a MediaPortal user [emoji14] ) but in theory it should be working quit good already.
Of course, i'm pretty sure you will find some bugs.

Some remarks:
Of course you have to enable the Webinterface of the Recording Service,
the UPNP Server isn't needed.

The plugin doesn't make use of the DVB-IP server of the Recording Service. So if you see some DVB devices in the live tv status page of the dashboard,
please disable them or you will see duplicated channels. Don't delete them, because they will return!

After you've set your channelgroup in the plugin settings, you have to manually trigger the "Refresh Guide" task once to populate the channels.

If you cancel a one time schedule the first time in Emby, the timer gets disabled in DVBViewer.
A second cancellation in Emby deletes the timer in the backend.
If you want to re-enable a cancelled one time schedule, just go into the details page of the timer and hit save.

Series schedule uses "EPG Auto Search" of the Recording Service Webinterface.
Keep in mind, if you edit an existing Auto Search in Emby some of your predefined options (genre, duration, special searchphrase regex) get lost.

Now have fun!

Changelog:

• v.0.7.8.0

Initial Release

• v.0.7.9.0

Fixed missing channel logos with authentication enabled

• v.0.8.0.0

Don't throw an exception if channel type could not be detected

• v.0.8.1.0

Fixed deletion of recordings

• v0.8.3.0
Fixed onetime and series schedules for RS 1.33
Small changes to series schedule defaults (record only new)
Don't throw an exception when there's no channel logo
  • v0.8.4.0

Fixed onetime schedules again (hopefully it doesn't beak again until RS 1.34)

Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 4

Spaceboy

The long awaited live tv plugin for DVBViewer Recording Service is now awailable in Emby's plugin catalogue!

I started this project just for fun, to see how easy it is to port an existing tv plugin to an other service

and to check myself for my little coding skills. Unfortunately because of the ugly API and bad documentation of DVBViewer's Recording Service

it wasn't always that funny for me. Anyway it's ready for release i think.

I didn't tested it that much myself (i'm a MediaPortal user :P ) but in theory it should be working quit goog already.

Of course, i'm pretty sure you will find some bugs.

Some remarks:

Of course you have to enable the Webinterface of the Recording Service,

the UPNP Server isn't needed.

If you cancel a one time schedule the first time in Emby, the timer gets disabled in DVBViewer.

A second cancellation in Emby deletes the timer in the backend.

If you want to re-enable a cancelled one time schedule, just go into the details page of the timer and hit save.

Series schedule uses "EPG Auto Search" of the Recording Service Webinterface.

Keep in mind, if you edit an existing Auto Search in Emby some of your predefined options (genre, duration, special searchphrase regex) get lost.

Now have fun!

Great work @@pünktchen ! I'll be interested to see the feedback, always open to a change

denethor

Now have fun!

@@pünktchen thank you very much for the hard work! This look like very complete and fully loaded for a first release, amazing. Tried on iOS and WEB looks working fine.

Only problem is with the logos. I followed up the images with Firefox Developer extension. Image link for a channel is looking like this one:

http://localhost:8096/emby/Items/5217df4017aab830da8f5789712fab39/Images/Primary?maxHeight=393&tag=1f61da8e386931d2aebc5cb70358920f&quality=90

If I paste this on to address bar I got: 

System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized. at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult) at System

My RS Web Interface is requires authentication maybe this is why I cannot get channel logos?

EDIT: Both Kodi DVBViewer Add-on  and RS own Web Interface can show the logos obviously.

Edited by denethor
  • Like 1

Nikolaech

Hooray! 9578792.gif Thank you! I waited two years plugin.

recording - OK
Channels -OK
EPG - OK
Logos - OK
Sound - OK
Playing channels - the sound always OK; video plays through once, twice.
Playing recordings - the sound always OK; video plays through once, twice.

9590063.png

the sound always OK
9575727.png

video & sound OK
9617710.png

9593134.png

recorded TV (plays Windows Media Player - OK)
9588014.png

Logs.zip

Edited by Nikolaech

denethor

Hooray! 9578792.gif Thank you! I waited two years plugin.

Logos - OK

This is weird logos is no go in my setup. Is there something special required with logos? Like image size, file type etc? What is your logo size, file type etc? Does your RS Web Service require authentication?

Nikolaech

I have everything default.  The logos are set up in the program DVBViewer.

Logos Size 256x256 .png

Service require authentication? - No!

After installing the plugin is configured. Otherwise there will be duplicate channels.

9601340.png

• Like 1

pünktchen

This is weird logos is no go in my setup. Is there something special required with logos? Like image size, file type etc? What is your logo size, file type etc? Does your RS Web Service require authentication?

Yes it's a problem with authentication. I even deliver the url in this form: user[emoji14]assword@ip[emoji14]ort

but Emby somehow doesn't like it.

denethor

Yes it's a problem with authentication. I even deliver the url in this form: user[emoji14]assword@ip[emoji14]ort

but Emby somehow doesn't like it.

Maybe @@t.andre can help you with this since DVBlogic WEB Service uses similar HTTP authentication.

Edited by denethor

pünktchen

@@Nikolaech if the stream starts playing (preferable without transcoding) than there is nothing more i can do.

The black video is surely a problem of Theater.

Edited by pünktchen
  • Like 1

pünktchen

Maybe @@t.andre can help you with this since DVBlogic WEB Service uses similar HTTP authentication.

Maybe. The strange thing is the general authentication is working for every other call...

Nikolaech

pünktchen Direct play - works.

I also suspect ET

I do not understand your problem of authentication. ES 5947 Win 10 Edge & IE (IE works bad)

Nikolaech

Playing recordings - the sound always OK; video plays through once, twice.

turned on the option "Enable direct access of recording files" playback of recordings, became normal.

pünktchen  how to set up a Time-shift? only 1 minute :(

pünktchen

turned on the option "Enable direct access of recording files" playback of recordings, became normal.

@ pünktchen how to set up a Time-shift? only 1 minute :(

Timeshift is not possible right now.

Nikolaech

Timeshift is not possible right now.

Ah, yes, the theater has to work as it should.

Thank you.

Nikolaech

The black video is surely a problem of Theater.

reinstalled ET has become normal.

Thank you.

e123enitan

@ Punkchen, Thanks for this addons great job, setup is very simple, channel list, logs etc populates nicely except for channel launch which is kind of slow to populate.

Just a brief system profile, embymedia, DVBViewer/RS and PCI e TBS card 6985 (4) tuners are installed on same server computer, my experience so far using DVBViewer as a client on server machine and clients on other system, including Kodi seems OK, channel changes quite fast, but on Emby/DVBViewer it takes time to populate screen. I am wondering if this issue is noticed by others or is there a configuration somewhere that I could change which would speed up channel populating or loading.

Cheers! 

pünktchen

@ Punkchen, Thanks for this addons great job, setup is very simple, channel list, logs etc populates nicely except for channel launch which is kind of slow to populate.

Just a brief system profile, embymedia, DVBViewer/RS and PCI e TBS card 6985 (4) tuners are installed on same server computer, my experience so far using DVBViewer as a client on server machine and clients on other system, including Kodi seems OK, channel changes quite fast, but on Emby/DVBViewer it takes time to populate screen. I am wondering if this issue is noticed by others or is there a configuration somewhere that I could change which would speed up channel populating or loading.

Cheers!

You mean starting a channel stream, right? Yes that will never be as fast as with Kodi or the DVBViewer application.

That's mostly because of Emby's possibility to deliver the stream to mobile devices even over internet. To make a proper decision if the stream has to be transcoded for the client or if the client can direct play, the stream has to be analyzed for video and audio codecs before playback. This takes some time (about two seconds)! Unfortunately this even takes place with Theater, although the LAV filters would play it anyway. But without analyzing the stream and delivering the media info Emby will ALWAYS transcode even when it wouldn't be needed for the client.

So my opinion to this situation:

Use Emby to manage schedules and playback in browsers or mobile devices.

For a HTPC solution use Kodi or a native tv client app.

• Like 1

e123enitan

You mean starting a channel stream, right? Yes that will never be as fast as with Kodi or the DVBViewer application.

That's mostly because of Emby's possibility to deliver the stream to mobile devices even over internet. To make a proper decision if the stream has to be transcoded for the client or if the client can direct play, the stream has to be analyzed for video and audio codecs before playback. This takes some time (about two seconds)! Unfortunately this even takes place with Theater, although the LAV filters would play it anyway. But without analyzing the stream and delivering the media info Emby will ALWAYS transcode even when it wouldn't be needed for the client.

So my opinion to this situation:

Use Emby to manage schedules and playback in browsers or mobile devices.

For a HTPC solution use Kodi or a native tv client app.

Thanks it make sense

jds828

On the Mediaportal plugin I have to disable "Enable Emby Direct Playback" or I get a black screen with audio. This used to work fine so it must be an ET problem as the plugin hasn't been changed for a while.

Do you have this option in the DVBviewer plugin?

Nikolaech

On the Mediaportal plugin I have to disable "Enable Emby Direct Playback" or I get a black screen with audio. This used to work fine so it must be an ET problem as the plugin hasn't been changed for a while.

Do you have this option in the DVBviewer plugin?

Yes there is. This option does not affect playback (black screen) in ET.  The latest version ET of a black screen appeared again. Of course fantastic player. :-/

Edited by Nikolaech

jds828

Yes there is. This option does not affect playback (black screen) in ET.  The latest version ET of a black screen appeared again. Of course fantastic player. :-/

Ok,

Have you tried leaving the option off and trying different video options in ET? I found that Nvidia cards and madvr also gave the black screen. It's a bit of trial and error unfortunately.

Nikolaech

Have you tried leaving the option off and trying different video options in ET?

Checked as best I could.

Intel i3 3225 HD4000

Plugin DVBViewer

"Enable Emby Direct Playback" on

ET 2.2.7

Hardware acceleration mode auto/intel quick syns

Filter set stable/edge

EVR EVR+ MADVR periodically black screen

Plugin DVBViewer

"Enable Emby Direct Playback" off

Hardware acceleration mode none; EVR+ always a black screen

Hardware acceleration mode none; MADVR OK, sometimes 2, 3 process ffmpeg and black screen

Hardware acceleration mode none; EVR OK, sometimes 2 process ffmpeg

ES 3.0.5934.0

Plugin DVBViewer

Enable Emby Direct Playback on/off

Stream probing duration (ms): 1500 1600 1700 1800

Edited by Nikolaech

If you look in the Emby Theater area, the similar reported issue of the black screen was due to lav filters not detecting the video stream. we're seeing this sporadically with direct play of live tv. babgvant and i are still thinking about different approaches to handle that.

jds828

Sounds good Luke.

For me the main issue is that I get the video to play but it selects the audio descriptive stream... a bit annoying.

@Nikolaech

The only device I use with Intel built in is a Gen 4 NUC. I've always found this the best all rounder for playback but iirc I disabled quicksync and selected "None"