Login Fails to connect to Premiere Account

DParsons

DParsons

I can not get any Emby remote account to login today. I've tried my standard remote portal the premiere portal and my Android and with each login attempt I get the message 'login failed username or password'. I have not made any changes to my account since I last used it yesterday afternoon.

Edited by DParsons

DParsons

Thanks Luke. I've tried but it says you have to initiate the password change from your home network. But I'm just curious why would that help? My password has not been changed and I'm using the right password. Would it have changed somehow without me doing so? I do however seem to have ended up with different user names for my account that I just log into by putting the ddns address into my address bar (what I'm calling my standard account) and another user name for my premiere account (with the same passwords). I have not looked into making them the same yet but do you think that might have anything to do with this.

Edited by DParsons

I think you are just confused between emby connect and your local user account that lives on your emby server. Which one you use depends on the login method you choose.

DParsons

I might have the names mixed up but I use this service nearly daily and it's not a reset of the password issue unless, like I've said earlier, the password has just reset itself somehow. I'll try the reset option from home later and let you know if that sorts this out.

DParsons

It would not let me change the password from my home network. It would just show the working spin icon and then come back to the same page as if nothing happened. I then tried the manual login option and that worked using the same username and password as I always use to access Emby remotely. The password then must not have been the problem. Some weird glitch or something. I'll try it remotely tomorrow and see what is happening and see if I can use the manual login option then also.

I think you were just mixed up between logging in with emby connect and logging in directly to your local server. When you log in with emby connect you use your forum username and password

DParsons

Hello Luke. I've just tried logging in with a PC and Android remotely and both are working again immediately with no issues. Let me reiterate that it is precisely the same steps the same login password and server as before. Only I had to manually login from my home server using my Android yesterday, after it would not let me login remotely all day, and that has seemingly reset everything exactly as it was before. I just wanted to point out an anomaly to you all. Now you have heard of this happening once. I work with our IT department helping them everyday develop a POS and inventory control system for our company so pointing out weird computer issues like this is something I do on almost a daily basis. Trust me this was not any kind of confusion happening here. A glitch, of some sort, I think best describes what happened.