psmc

Hey guys Not sure if this is planned but to remove the mce remote and replace with the phone/tablet apps & having options like:

-launch MBC or media center from the phone (a green button)

-move up,down left & right & select in the media center tv guide (for those with tuners)

Any plans like them ?

bloodtaker

If there are no plans or you need this now you could always get teamviewer for the pc and the phone/tablet you are using so that you can control it via a direct copy of what the computer sees.

I personally use teamviewer to control all the computers in my house with a click of the button so that i do not need to have them all close to each other and do not need them to have monitors or mice/keyboards connected and as such save me money im a cheep skate i know lol

ScottIsAFool

Not sure this is going to happen, certainly not in the Windows Phone app. I'm pretty sure it would require additional software to be installed in order to control Media Centre itself. If someone wants to correct me on that, then ok, but that's my understanding of it.

it would require some kind of background service on the mbc machine to listen to the commands.

you could get the mymediacenter ceton app. that installs a background agent, gives you remote access to set recordings and has wmc remote capability built in.