support for RAW images (NEF and ARW)

emistral

emistral

hi all,

this is my first post so if it is not in the right forum/place, please feel free to move it. I have a QNAP TS-453A and recently installed Emby server version 5930 (from the QNAP community forum).

It is working fine and stream music, video and even live tv via DVBlink app and HDhomerun. So could not be happier...yet.

I am in the process of switching from Plex to Emby but currently a few things are holding me back. In particular the support of RAW photos (NEF and ARW).

I did a search on the forum and saw a thread about a year old in which it was stated that NEF and ARW formats were supported amongst other RAW formats in the version 55.xx (from memory).

I have a huge library of NEF/ARW photos and they simply don't show. Whether I connect to the Emby server locally via web browser, apple tv 4 app, ios app or remotely via the android app, all folders with NEF/ARW contents are empty. If there is a jpg or a movie in those folders, the jpg or movie will show up but not the RAW photos.

First I would like to know if indeed Emby server supports RAW formats and in particular NEF and ARW. If so then any idea why those photos are not showing?

If it is not supported, is it planned in the future versions?

thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
emistral

Now that I have finally Emby 59.71 running on QNAP TS-453A, any news regarding imagemagick support RAW files.

Like I said in my original post I found a thread in which it was stated that NEF and ARW were supported and that was on a 55.xx version.

so I would assume that in 59.71 it would be the case. However it is still not supported. When browsing fodlers with RAW images, their content is empty although RAW files are stored in those folders.

• 1 month later...

Hi, they're already included, so they should work with the latest release of the server.

emistral

hi there,

which release? currently on qnap, I am running 3.0.5971 and on the qnap community forum only 3.0.5972 is available. Whereas now the current release on emby website is 5984.

I am surprised that the qnap community forum for emby is so far behind in terms of release. They used to be quite reactive.

emistral

is there another place to find qnap qpkg packages for the latest emby server other than the qnap community forum?

emistral

ok I have installed 3.0.5984 and the problem is still there. if I pick a folder with nef and arw images, the folder is empty. Also on top of that, when I access the root directory where all my photos are - they are sorted in folders - the only thing I can see is several square boxes - one for each subfolder -  and the little folder icon in the middle. That is for all of them, including folders which contains only jpg photos. Aren't those icons supposed to be photos thumbnails? I have changed the display view (post, thuimb, etc) but still no thumbnail.

I have attached the server log.

You can see towards the end of the log file the following:

2016-07-05 09:54:00.7149 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.45:8096/emby/Users/1dc1377260164baf97f79be1df3b11b0/Items/583089d5a5a9eed0d98d5b200d640160. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.2.490.43
2016-07-05 09:54:01.2934 Error ImageProcessor: Error in image enhancer: CoverArtVideoEnhancer
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5984.0
Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Operating system: Unix 3.19.8.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: False
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/ProgramData-Server
Mono: 4.2.2 (Stable 4.2.2.30/996df3c Sat Jan 30 14:12:49 EST 2016)
Application Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Entities.IHasTags' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5775.26558, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
System.TypeLoadException
 at CoverArt.CoverArtVideoEnhancer.SupportsInternal (IHasImages item, ImageType imageType) <0xee30e698 + 0x0013b> in <filename unknown>:0 
 at CoverArt.ImageProcessors.CoverArtBaseEnhancer.Supports (IHasImages item, ImageType imageType) <0xee30e5d8 + 0x00037> in <filename unknown>:0 
 at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<>c__DisplayClass4a.<GetSupportedEnhancers>b__49 (IImageEnhancer i) <0xee30e4d8 + 0x0003b> in <filename unknown>:0 

I have another post on this forum related to not being able to play dvblink recording or live TV and I have noticed that in eahc of those log file, the error is always related to  /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Not sure if it is relevant or not.

Maybe I am missing a package?

For info it is running on a QNAP TS-453A

Thanks

server-63603308765.txt

Edited by emistral

emistral

it is a library of type photos. always been

also was told by emby server to upgrade coverart which I did.

got a second log which looks a bit different and got heaps of errors/exceptions

Rebooting now my NAS for the third time after the installation of 5984. Somehow emby was ok and the dashboard page was showing "cleaning up...". Then it became unresponsive.

Took forever to load the home page and in the end the page was black.

emistral

ok after rebooting, I can confirm that Emby is hanging. I can't access it anymore. The process is running that is for sure because if I stop it, I will get "server can not be reached in my browser" whereas in this case, the browser is still accessing it but somehow Emby is not responding.

I had a look at the system log file and everything look ok. It is actually probably one of the few log file I have seen without any error/exception.

I have tried to restart the Emby server via the command line (./Emby.sh restart) but got the following:

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby] # ./Emby.sh start

Info, Main, Emby

Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

Application Path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Emby/Emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe

appHost.Init

Info, App, Application version: 3.0.5984.0

Info, App, Application configuration:

{"EnableUPnP":true,"PublicPort":8096,"PublicHttpsPort":8920,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"HttpsPortNumber":8920,"EnableHttps":false,"CertificatePath":"","EnableInternetProviders":true,"IsPortAuthorized":true,"EnableCaseSensitiveItemIds":true,"MetadataPath":"","SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","SaveLocalMeta":true,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"AU","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"LibraryMonitorDelay":60,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableDashboardResourceMinification":true,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Movie","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Screenshot","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":["Nfo","Emby Xml"],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":["The Open Movie Database","TheMovieDb"],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":["TheMovieDb","FanArt","The Open Movie Database","Screen Grabber"]},{"ItemType":"MusicVideo","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Series","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"BoxSet","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":["The Open Movie Database","TheMovieDb"],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Episode","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":["The Open Movie Database","TheMovieDb"],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":["TheMovieDb"],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Video","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"WanDdns":"","UICulture":"en-GB","PeopleMetadataOptions":{"DownloadActorMetadata":true,"DownloadDirectorMetadata":true,"DownloadProducerMetadata":false,"DownloadWriterMetadata":false,"DownloadComposerMetadata":false,"DownloadOtherPeopleMetadata":false,"DownloadGuestStarMetadata":false},"FindInternetTrailers":true,"SaveMetadataHidden":true,"ContentTypes":[],"EnableAudioArchiveFiles":false,"EnableVideoArchiveFiles":false,"RemoteClientBitrateLimit":0,"EnableLibraryMonitor":"Enabled","SharingExpirationDays":30,"Migrations":["MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.Migrations.OmdbEpisodeProviderMigration","MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.Migrations.MovieDbEpisodeProviderMigration","FolderViewSettingMigration","CollectionGroupingMigration","CollectionsViewMigration"],"MigrationVersion":23,"SchemaVersion":79,"SqliteCacheSize":0,"DownloadImagesInAdvance":false,"EnableAnonymousUsageReporting":true,"EnableStandaloneMusicKeys":true,"EnableLocalizedGuids":true,"EnableFolderView":false,"EnableGroupingIntoCollections":false,"DisplaySpecialsWithinSeasons":true,"DisplayCollectionsView":false,"LocalNetworkAddresses":[],"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":true,"EnableCustomPathSubFolders":true}

Error, Main, UnhandledException

*** Error Report ***

One or more errors occurred.

System.AggregateException

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) <0xf52aade0 + 0x004ae> in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout) <0xf52aad60 + 0x00032> in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) <0xf52aac30 + 0x00025> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager, MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.StartupOptions options) <0xf47206a8 + 0x0030f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) <0xf72a80c0 + 0x0017b> in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.TypeInitializationException

The type initializer for 'Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall' threw an exception.

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetUnixName () <0xf395ec90 + 0x0005f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetEnvironmentInfo () <0xf395ea30 + 0x00037> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.get_Environment () <0xf395e9c8 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetAssembliesWithParts () <0xf395e8e8 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost.GetComposablePartAssemblies () <0xf395dbc8 + 0x00249> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1[TApplicationPathsType].DiscoverTypes () <0xf395d820 + 0x0006d> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>d__4[TApplicationPathsType].MoveNext () <0xf420f280 + 0x00443> in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException

/opt/Qmono/lib/libMonoPosixHelper.so

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall:_L_ctermid ()

at Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall..cctor () <0xf395eee0 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0 

UnhandledException

One or more errors occurred.

System.AggregateException

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken) <0xf52aade0 + 0x004ae> in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks, Int32 millisecondsTimeout) <0xf52aad60 + 0x00032> in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.WaitAll (System.Threading.Tasks.Task[] tasks) <0xf52aac30 + 0x00025> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.RunApplication (MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.ServerApplicationPaths appPaths, ILogManager logManager, MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.StartupOptions options) <0xf47206a8 + 0x0030f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.MainClass.Main (System.String[] args) <0xf72a80c0 + 0x0017b> in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.TypeInitializationException

The type initializer for 'Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall' threw an exception.

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetUnixName () <0xf395ec90 + 0x0005f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetEnvironmentInfo () <0xf395ea30 + 0x00037> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.get_Environment () <0xf395e9c8 + 0x0001f> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.Native.BaseMonoApp.GetAssembliesWithParts () <0xf395e8e8 + 0x00057> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common.ApplicationHost.GetComposablePartAssemblies () <0xf395dbc8 + 0x00249> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1[TApplicationPathsType].DiscoverTypes () <0xf395d820 + 0x0006d> in <filename unknown>:0 

at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.BaseApplicationHost`1+<Init>d__4[TApplicationPathsType].MoveNext () <0xf420f280 + 0x00443> in <filename unknown>:0 

InnerException: System.DllNotFoundException

/opt/Qmono/lib/libMonoPosixHelper.so

at (wrapper managed-to-native) Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall:_L_ctermid ()

at Mono.Unix.Native.Syscall..cctor () <0xf395eee0 + 0x000ab> in <filename unknown>:0 

Somehow it seems that I can never restart the server via a command line. The only way is via a reboot of the NAS.

Note also that after the NAS has been rebooted and is running, I need to wait around 10s for the Emby server to be available (when it does not hang).

From the command line, it is a no go. I can wait forever and nothing will happen.

Not sure what to do now !

emistral

After restarting the NAS, Emby seems available but no access to raw photos. I can confirm that my photo library is of photo type.

emistral

Sorry Luke but I have to come back to the problem of EMby hanging. It was working ok then suddenly it stops and it is not responding anymore although the process is still active. I am attaching the latest log file. Looking at it, errors are generated while trying to update DLNA nfo for my devices (amplifier, etc..). Not sure if it is hanging because of that.

The 2 devices that you can see in the log (Denon AVR-3313 and kitchem) are respectively a Denon amplifier and a Zeppelin Air speaker.

The first error of that type appears at 11:49:43.2228 which is just after the reboot. From that point onwards, it seems emby is simply caught in a loop trying to update the DLNA info between those 2 devices.

Feel free to move my posts to a different thread if required since the problem is diverging from the original post

Edited by emistral

emistral

Hi Luke,

sorry to bother you but what/where is " post #@15."?

Ps: forget about it, I am assuming that you wanted to refer to post #15 in this thread in regards to attaching a log file.

Edited by emistral

Ok, what I would suggest doing is removing plugins and seeing if the stability issue persists with only the core server. 

emistral

Hi Luke,

Seems like the hanging problem self sorted itself. Not sure how. I don't see those dlna errors - for the moment :)

However I still have my problem with raw images. I even deleted my photos library and recreated a new one. One thing has changed. Where before I did not get any thumbnails under my root directory for each of my folders, now I have thumbnails but ONLY for subfolders which contain jpeg photos. The subfolders with only raw photos are still showing as empty.

I can attach the server log file if you wish but it is getting now quite big > 14MB.

This is what I get:

2016-07-05 21:29:24.2919 Info HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.45:8096/emby/Items/56a496887c51139fd2e5c0c083ad0644/Images/Primary?maxWidth=300&tag=d1690a92fe79fa90594eccf44828c554&enableImageEnhancers=true&quality=90. UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_11_5) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/51.0.2704.103 Safari/537.36 Vivaldi/1.2.490.43
2016-07-05 21:29:24.2991 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
    *** Error Report ***
    Incorrect count for "MakerNote"; tag ignored. `TIFFFetchNormalTag' @ error/tiff.c/TIFFErrors/552
    ImageMagickSharp.WandException
     at ImageMagickSharp.WandCore`1[T].CheckError (Boolean status) <0xf1406040 + 0x0004f> in <filename unknown>:0
     at ImageMagickSharp.ImageWand+<>c__DisplayClass16.<ScaleImage>b__15 () <0xeb947958 + 0x00047> in <filename unknown>:0
     at ImageMagickSharp.ImageWand.ActivateImageWand[T] (System.Func`1 wandAction) <0xeb947858 + 0x00028> in <filename unknown>:0
     at ImageMagickSharp.ImageWand.ScaleImage (Int32 width, Int32 height) <0xeb947760 + 0x000cf> in <filename unknown>:0
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.ScaleImage (ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand wand, Int32 width, Int32 height) <0xeb9476d8 + 0x0002b> in <filename unknown>:0
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.EncodeImage (System.String inputPath, System.String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 quality, MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat) <0xeb947010 + 0x000a3> in <filename unknown>:0
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<ProcessImage>d__7.MoveNext () <0xeb94c000 + 0x01aac> in <filename unknown>:0

or  

2016-07-05 21:29:05.8334 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
    *** Error Report ***
    Unknown field with tag 37398 (0x9216) encountered. `TIFFReadDirectory' @ warning/tiff.c/TIFFWarnings/852
     at ImageMagickSharp.WandCore`1[T].CheckError (Boolean status) <0xf1406040 + 0x0004f> in <filename unknown>:0
     at ImageMagickSharp.ImageWand+<>c__DisplayClass16.<ScaleImage>b__15 () <0xeb947958 + 0x00047> in <filename unknown>:0
     at ImageMagickSharp.ImageWand.ActivateImageWand[T] (System.Func`1 wandAction) <0xeb947858 + 0x00028> in <filename unknown>:0
     at ImageMagickSharp.ImageWand.ScaleImage (Int32 width, Int32 height) <0xeb947760 + 0x000cf> in <filename unknown>:0
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.ScaleImage (ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand wand, Int32 width, Int32 height) <0xeb9476d8 + 0x0002b> in <filename unknown>:0
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.EncodeImage (System.String inputPath, System.String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 quality, MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat) <0xeb947010 + 0x000a3> in <filename unknown>:0
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageProcessor+<ProcessImage>d__7.MoveNext () <0xeb94c000 + 0x01aac> in <filename unknown>:0

or 

2016-07-05 21:29:05.8359 Error ImageProcessor: Error encoding image
    *** Error Report ***
    TIFF directory is missing required "ImageLength" field. `MissingRequired' @ error/tiff.c/TIFFErrors/552
     at ImageMagickSharp.WandCore`1[T].CheckErrorBool (Int32 status) <0xeb947688 + 0x0004f> in <filename unknown>:0
     at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand.OpenImage (System.String path) <0xeb9474d0 + 0x0002b> in <filename unknown>:0
     at ImageMagickSharp.MagickWand..ctor (System.String path) <0xeb9473e0 + 0x000a3> in <filename unknown>:0
     at Emby.Drawing.ImageMagick.ImageMagickEncoder.EncodeImage (System.String inputPath, System.String outputPath, Boolean autoOrient, Int32 width, Int32 height, Int32 quality, MediaBrowser.Controller.Drawing.ImageProcessingOptions options, ImageFormat selectedOutputFormat) <0xeb947010 + 0x0007f> in <filename unknown>:0

the errors are so different that it is hard to pin point a common pattern but throughout the log file, those three types of errors are systematic and are the only errors when it comes to RAW photos. Also for each of those errors, I can not find the filename that is related to 

Edited by emistral

emistral

I will. how do you want me to send them to you since they are over 20mb? dropbox link is ok?

now I have some updates for you. Some good some not so good.

First the good news - sort of:

Out of curiosity last night, I used the emby app on my ipad and once logged in I had a look at my photos folder. I was expecting to see the thumbnails for only the folders with jpg photos but then I noticed that a thumbnail was also displayed for a folder which contained only raw images. I tapped on the folder to access it and as expected, the page was empty but emby was correctly reporting the number of photos in that folder. Then suddenly the photos started to show up one by one at a very slow rate. Maybe a good 5s after accessing the folder. I waited for all the photos to be loaded. There were only half a dozen in that folder. I tried another folder which had also only raw images and after the usual black page, the photos started to show up but again it took a while before the first photos showed up. So now I am wondering if the fact that I could not see any photos on my browser was due to the fact that the folders I was looking at had lots of photos (at least > 100) and emby was busy decoding them and generating the preview and I was too impatient (I am used to Plex where the photos are displayed immediately)? But surely it should not take that long, shouldn't it?

For the bad news:

so I have now on my ipad the preview of to raw photos. I tapped on one photo to view it full screen. The screen went black with control buttons such as share, close, etc. So I thought that emby was actually decoding the photo. Then suddenly I was presented with the emby connect login screen which was weird. I entered my username/pwd and the emby app on the ipad tried to connect to my server without success. I had to kill the app, reload it and I was back to the home screen. Note that when I start the emby app on the ipad, I am never asked any username and password (I was asked only once when I installed the app). From there I went back to the photo library, selected another fodler which had the thumbnails and contained only raw photos. Again after accessing the folder the photos appeared a bit later. Then I tapped one photo and again after a black screen, back to the emby connect login screen. I killed the app, reopen it and this time the app could not reconnect to the server. I checked on the QNAP NAS and confirmed that the Emby server process died and was not running anymore. A command line such as ./Emby.sh stop followed by ./Emby.sh start will not restart the server.

The only option I have to restart the server is to reboot the NAS. And because restart of the server via the command line does not work, each time I install a new version of the server, or a new plugin, or basically anything that needs the server to be restarted, I have to reboot the NAS which is not practical.

emistral

Out of curiosity, what version of Mono (Qmono on QNAP server) would you recommend to use? Currently I am using 4.2.2.30.

Wondering if all those errors are not related to Qmono and a wrong version. When looking at the log files and all those various and numerous errors, there is not "straight pattern" to pin point a problem.