Breeze, Crystal, Chocolate, or Something

ulrick65

ulrick65

I am just converting over from MB2 to MB3 (been an MB user for many years).  I was testing out the new themes, etc. and I have to say first off that I am absolutely amazed by all of them...from the default right on up.  Nice job by everyone.

Now for the question:

At some point during my testing of the various themes, one of them (or maybe multiple I don't know) had where the cover would open part way and the disc would spin inside the cover.  I have tried everything I can think of in all the different themes to duplicate this and I can not get it to do that again.

Can anyone tell me what theme this was and how to turn it on (which setting in the plethora of configs turn it on and off)?

Thanks

leedavies

I am just converting over from MB2 to MB3 (been an MB user for many years).  I was testing out the new themes, etc. and I have to say first off that I am absolutely amazed by all of them...from the default right on up.  Nice job by everyone.

Now for the question:

At some point during my testing of the various themes, one of them (or maybe multiple I don't know) had where the cover would open part way and the disc would spin inside the cover.  I have tried everything I can think of in all the different themes to duplicate this and I can not get it to do that again.

Can anyone tell me what theme this was and how to turn it on (which setting in the plethora of configs turn it on and off)?

Thanks

That's in Crystal.  There's a checkbox in the settings for Crystal that lets you turn that on or off, or to have the disc roll in from off-screen like in ROC, if you prefer that style.

ulrick65

Can you tell me which setting it is?  I have tried everything and it does not work.  I assumed the setting is "Show Fully Open Covers" but I tried that...also tried "Display Disc beside poster in scrollers" and every other combination of settings I can and no matter what it does not open the covers.

Thanks.

leedavies

I grabbed a video to show you what options to change, and their effect.

You are right its not working quite right though - when the cover is partially open, touching the spinning disc should make the cover open right up.  Will look into that bug.

ulrick65

I grabbed a video to show you what options to change, and their effect.

You are right its not working quite right though - when the cover is partially open, touching the spinning disc should make the cover open right up.  Will look into that bug.

It doesn't work at all for me...no spinning disc, no partially open cover at all.  I have it set exactly as you show in the video.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
leedavies

It doesn't work at all for me...no spinning disc, no partially open cover at all.  I have it set exactly as you show in the video.

Thanks.

In which view style? Cover flow, poster etc?

leedavies

In Crystal, only Coverflow and Thumbstrip views support disc images, either inside the cover which opens to reveal the disc when the item is highlighted.  Or outside the case, with the disc rolling on-screen from the left hand side.

Could you check your disc images are named disc.png or disc.jpg (unlikely, as JPGs don't support transparency, so you'd end up with a solid square color around the disc!) and are stored in the same folder as the movie and folder.png image etc?  Have you ever seen a disc image shown - it sounds like they're not being picked up by MediaBrowser for some reason.

Interested to hear your response.

ulrick65

The discs are named correctly.  I did see them at first...but then no matter what I did, I could not get them to show up.  However, I did not know it was only those two views...so I am not certain I had it on those views when I had the settings correct, etc.  I can't test anymore as my trial has expired.

leedavies

The discs are named correctly.  I did see them at first...but then no matter what I did, I could not get them to show up.  However, I did not know it was only those two views...so I am not certain I had it on those views when I had the settings correct, etc.  I can't test anymore as my trial has expired.

With the latest v1.0.10.0 Crystal and ROC updates, they are locked into free trial mode until the end of this weekend so folks who had a trial months ago can see how they have progressed and might decide to buy.