Emby transcoding of DVD / Blu-Ray rips?

scyto

I hope someone can educate me...

I see that Emby can supposedly support playback of DVD and Bluray rips.  I assume this means folder structures not ISOs (right?).

If i have folder structure can the tvOS client play these?  

Does it use transcoding or some other mechanism?

Or is it juts not possible?

alex

We should be able to play them but they will require transcoding for all but HTPC clients that understand those types of structures (Theater, Kodi, etc.).

• 1 month later...
Renato
There is a week I bought an Apple TV 4 and I installed Emby 1.06. During playback of the Blu-ray film structure stops several times, the immage stops and bottom right displays a spinning wheel.

What should I do?

Thank you

I see that in general the audio and the subtitles in the menu choice are all listed as "unknown" and can not distinguish between French and English for example.

How I can solve ?

Edited by Renato

There is a week I bought an Apple TV 4 and I installed Emby 1.06. During playback of the Blu-ray film structure stops several times, the immage stops and bottom right displays a spinning wheel.
What should I do?
Thank you

More than likely, your server is not fast enough to transcode those items.  Converting them to a more compatible format may help.

I see that in general the audio and the subtitles in the menu choice are all listed as "unknown" and can not distinguish between French and English for example.

How I can solve ?

Use the menu on the detail screen that says "Select Audio or Subtitles" and play the item that way.

On the Apple platform it would be mp4 (pretty much the only format they support).  Everywhere else, either mkv or mp4.

Renato

If I look the same Blu-rays with Emby Server or with Emby Premier, with the same server (NAS Netgear 516) the films playng very well, without problems.

it's always a server problem ? or the appleTV.

It is not a transcoding problem?

It is not possible to play blu-ray films structuret  with the AppleTV ?

Edited by Renato

Hi, Apple TV does not natively support folder rips, so we have to use server transcoding.