Refresh Entire Media Library Using Metadata Manager

bnwbass

bnwbass

Is there anyway to refresh entire collection in the media library using media manager?

Metadata manager allows you to do a full refresh on the entire folder but this does not work.

Refresh on individual titles however does work but very tedious to do this on 400 movies?

Thx

Bw

refreshing from a folder works just fine, it's just that unfortunately we have not yet added a way for you to monitor it's progress

bnwbass

Well in my case refreshing from the top folder (containing all movie folders) does not work for restoring metadata person folders, only way for me to restores these actor images if I refresh the single movie folder.

I have tested this many times. It may refresh other elements of metadata but not C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\People.

Remember that by default we only record the person image URL and don't actually download it until it's needed by an emby app. So chances are it probably is working as intended

bnwbass

Remember that by default we only record the person image URL and don't actually download it until it's needed by an emby app. So chances are it probably is working as intended

I read that in other post as well. I'm just reporting how my system behaves, then If this is true what would be the point of jpg actor images in the same "persons" folder with XML file?

What I do know to be true is that every folder for a particular actor that contains both the XML and the jpg image shows up in the UI like ET and KODI, Without the jpg I see names only in the UI

I don't mean to beat up on this topic, I just want to understand the metadata flow when adding movies from my collection of several years.  If I add a new title every thing works as intended.

Thx

Bw

• 10 months later...