MB3 Control for Unified Remote

Brendon

Brendon

So i was pointed to this insanely cool app by a fellow community member today and was immediately blown away by what it could do especially given my current remote frustrations, after trying the free version for about an hour, i spent the AUD$3.67 and grabbed the full version and immediately set about making a remote for MBT, so far it's coming along great.

52c13d04b0f76_MediaBrowser3forUnifiedRem      52c13d281f1a6_MediaBrowser3forUnifiedRem

You can launch Media Browser Theater from the app, Navigation and Selection are working fine, as is PLAY, STOP, FWD, RWD, NEXT, PREV and PAUSE.
RECORD is not working but is in place eagerly anticipating live tv.

I am hitting a brick wall with some things though and would like to know if they have even been mapped into MBT yet and if so what are they.

I need key mapping for;

Fullscreen got this working although i have not found a way to get 2 actions into one button so restore is not possible as yet without a second button
Volume Up / Volume Down ...(volume will be controlled using your phone/tablet volume to save on screen space) I have volume working now.
Menu ...(the slide out on the right)
Options

menu and options are proving to be the difficult ones as there does not seem to be a designated shortcut, i could use a bunch of navigation actions but they would alter drastically depending on view and later on skins

...and anything else you think should be mapped to the remote.

and yes once it's done it will be put up for all to use ;)

Edited by Brendon
  • Like 9

Brendon

So this little script is coming along nicely, it's pretty awesome what Unified Remote can do, i even have MBT working with basic voice commands for those that don't have XBox/Kinnect.

I have most everything mapped out with a great deal of trial and error, seems a weird combination of shortcuts exist in MBT, and no matter what i cannot find any mapping for view/layout (the slide out menu) or options/settings if these have indeed been mapped could one of the team let me know where, if not i'll just leave the buttons without function until such time as it does.

Yeah I wouldn't put a ton of effort into mapping the controls for MBT beyond the basics (up, down). It is an alpha so everything on them could change.

we also are going to increase our support to handle more remotes out of the box, as well as add some (light) mapping settings of our own. but that is still very cool though.

Yeah it is definitely very cool. Just didn't want him spending hours upon hours trying to figure out all these remote codes and then it all break with an update and all that effort was for nothing.

Brendon

@@gcw07 That's fine, its basic .xml using built in action libraries and pretty easy to write, it's all the guess work making it hard, only too happy to keep it updated as MB changes, i would be doing it for myself anyways. I am doing 2 - a basic play/stop fwd/rew layout as well as an advanced one that switches back and forth between MBT and WMC for those of us still using it for LiveTV, even included a button to screenshot, making it nice and easy for peeps to snap images of issues and get to you guys at the anvil.

Brendon

Well it's now 2014 and i am quietly sitting here @ almost 4am and waiting for the hangover to begin, hoping if i don't sleep it can't start lmao

Here's a couple of screenies of what will most liekyl be the final layouts :) I have made two, a basic one with only base control features, handy for when playing a cd etc... and one that's aimed to serve more as a full function remote.

52c2f2d4d5ade_MediaBrowser3Basic.png52c2f2e2d9f3f_MediaBrowser3.png

• Like 3

foghat

we also are going to increase our support to handle more remotes out of the box, as well as add some (light) mapping settings of our own. but that is still very cool though.

Would love to see support for Roomie remote.

Brendon

i'd love to see this sort of thing in the windows phone app to control WMC/MBC ...this looks deadly

@@psmc It is available for Windows phone check out my post here about half way through the guide, there is a link for both Android and Windows, there is no iOS yet though.

Would love you to give them a try for me, i have been unable to get my hands on a Windows Phone to test, all should work ok, just not sure how layout will look.

• Like 1

will be a while before anything is bought :unsure: ...and i'm itching to try it too as i had a similar remote in android (later removed for MB3) but what i was hoping was instead of another server app on the pc & phone that the MB app itself had this functionality even maybe added in a future update even.

berrick

@@Brendon

From your use of unified remote do you know if you can create custom images, backgrounds and macros? Since selling my Pronto I have been looking for a replacement to run on a tablet and sounds like this might fit the bill?