Android TV app

benjamoomin

benjamoomin

Does anyone else using mediaportal plugin also use the Android TV app?

Since the recent update, I can't really use the app to watch live tv :-(

The beat I can get is watching live tv with incorrect aspect ratio (wide-screen squashed to 4:3) and it has to be transcoding otherwise there's no audio.

I've raised the issue on the android tv forum but no response yet, but I'm just wondering if others have the same issue.

jds828

Most of the questions about Mediaportal seem to get ignored so don't take it personally.

I have an Android TV setup that I've not used for a week or so. I'll update it and get back to you.

We had the same kind of issue on ET while using Nvidia cards, this was sorted by altering the video settings. Off the top of my head I can't remember which settings Android TV has but have you tried different combinations?

jds828

Yes it's 4:3 on SD TV.

As you say, it was working ok... not anymore!

Was there any reply to your other post about it?

Edited by jds828

benjamoomin

Hi @@jds828 not had much in terms of a reply yet, but I think I'd need to post some logs before I get support.

Struggling to get the time to investigate further and gather logs etc (our young 3 month old baby is hampering my efforts!)

If you fancy starting a new thread in the Android TV forum and posting logs, that would get us some eyes on the issue. I'm just glad I'm not the only one!

Edited by benjamoomin

jds828

I think the dev has seen this post, and the other one. I'll have another look and maybe post in the ATV section but if I'm honest, Emby is pissing me off again. It seems to be ok for a week or two then things break. I've just been using Kodi for now as I know that will work every time.