LiveTV, m3u iptv playlist stops after 20 seconds

grbharati

grbharati

Hello Everyone,

My Objective:

I want to experience LiveTV using m3u playlist. I found a .ts address and created a playlist with single channel as below.

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1,MUTE_TV

My Experience:

I successfully added the m3u playlist, channel shows up and when i play it, it plays and stops after 19 seconds. If i play it again same thing happens, it plays for another 19 seconds and then stops. I am not sure what is going on. I am new to Emby and LiveTV, not a techy guy. I am very grateful for these features in emby.

Emby server info:

I just updated my emby server to Version 3.0.5931.0 (emby premiere). It was not working in the previous version either.

Log Files:

I cleared all the log files, played liveTV and logs are attached.

Thank you for your help.

server-63596799109.txt

transcode-fbd13d84-b60e-4be5-8351-fa6e268e21d5.txt

Hi, I've tested this url:

http://www.q7t1.com:8000/live/bk9/bk9/4179.ts

And I see the same thing happen but I also see it with other players such as Vlc. Is it possible it only allows 30 seconds at a time and requires some kind of authorization?

grbharati

It does not need any authorization. After you mentioned, I tried that in vlc as well, in vlc i tried it in a loop and it was working fine with little glitch. I am not sure why this stream is not continuous. If i hit play again, it works for another 30-60 seconds. I think link is just releasing segments. But it is not always 20 seconds, sometimes it goes to 60 seconds. So i think there is something else than authorization. Is there anything in emby to allow live TV to play it in a loop and keep it in cache so that I can watch live tv as s continuous stream.

Guest Diefenthal

in satIp is it so that the Client must send an rtsp Options request in an Timespan between 30 - 60 seconds to the Server (the value is in the Play Response defined)

to Keep the session alive if there no Options Request send from Client thinks the Server the client is away and stops the Media Streaming Session

grbharati

I am new to this but in the playlist file doesn't EXTINF: -1, will try to stream for infinite time as it is a stream. If not how will i be able to add the request, will it be in playlist file or in the liveTV itself? Help would be really appreciated. Thank you!

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...
jimmyboy

I know this is an old thread but i do have a related question.  I have quite a few playlist urls added to  "Live TV",  but when I pull up the Live TV page all the playlists are displayed together, on the same page bunched up.

Is there a way to have each playlist displayed seperately as opposed to one huge group? 

I know this is an old thread but i do have a related question.  I have quite a few playlist urls added to  "Live TV",  but when I pull up the Live TV page all the playlists are displayed together, on the same page bunched up.

Is there a way to have each playlist displayed seperately as opposed to one huge group?

Hi, not at this time, but it's possible for the future. Thanks.

jimmyboy

Hi, not at this time, but it's possible for the future. Thanks.

Thank you, I will be looking forward to it! 

Edited by jimmyboy