Play From Here Error using SPMC

feerlessleadr

feerlessleadr

Hi All - I am trying to test out SPMC with Emby and am getting some strange problems when trying to use the 'Play from Here' context menu button on my Shield TV.

When I press 'Play from Here' when in SPMC, nothing happens. Sometimes this will happen with Kodi, and I have to start an individual episode, then stop it, then hit play from here, but with SPMC, no matter what I try, I get an error when trying to use 'Play from Here'.  I posted this problem and log on the SPMC github, but Koying seemed to indicate that this is a problem with the emby plugin, and not with 'Play from Here' (at least that's what I think he was hinting at). Here is a link to the SPMC github issue.

https://github.com/koying/SPMC/issues/221#issuecomment-211392401

For some reason the link to the log is no longer working, so see below for another debug log (with the addon debugging enabled) with this problem. I tried to play both TBBT and Better of Ted via both play from here and single play (just clicking on the episode), and neither time the play from here worked.

http://www.xbmclogs.com/pczdj3bhy

feerlessleadr

Any insight as to if this is an Emby issue or SPMC issue?

The same process works fine on Kodi.

• 2 weeks later...
feerlessleadr

So I finally had a chance to update SPMC using direct paths and everything works as it should.

Does this now mean that I can't use Kodi to play shows remotely when I have my SATV with me? I guess worst case, I could just use the Emby for Android App for that, but want to be sure.

Angelblue05

I don't know what SPMC changed exactly, but it's a fork, and unfortunately, we take a shortcut with the way we do things when using plugin paths.

In reality, the plugin paths should be contained in .strm files and those files should be scanned into the Kodi library. We skipped the middle man and directly added the plugin paths to the database. Kodi does not really expect these type of paths in the database, but it works, with corner cases. :)

I guess the solution to this would be to change our approach back to strm file creation (which takes space depending on the actual size of your library). Perhaps we can allow for a central approach on network with master device that controls the .strm library. But there's really no easy solution to trying to fit the two separate directions the project may be taking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

feerlessleadr

No worries, like I said, for now on my SATV and SPMC, direct paths work just fine, and for the amount of times I do actually travel with my SATV, the emby for android app works just fine.

• Like 1