Firefox Dashboard & Browse Library - can't get rid of the popups, nothing clickable.

Learning_Curve

Learning_Curve

I'm afraid this is all going to be pretty vague, as I might not know all the proper terminology. I'll provide pics to help us along.

This all started after an update in early March, maybe even back in February, but as of now I'm up-to-date with Version 3.0.5930.0. My Firefox is 45.0.2.

In short, after opening either the configuration page or the browse library page in my browser, most everything is un-clickable. It's odd because some things work, but others do not. For example, if I'm at my dashboard and click the restart server option, a popover appears with the standard Are you sure? dialog, but clicking on either OK or Cancel does nothing. Similarly, when managing my library I can click to remove a folder from the library, but the resulting Are you sure? dialog is stuck on the screen, as shown in this picture.

If I open my library to browse, nine times out of ten, it seems, I'm shown the Try Multi-Select popup, but clicking Got it does nothing. If it happens to be that tenth time and I do get into my library, nothing at all is clickable.

Like I say, this all started a month or a month and a half ago after an update. (I don't remember from what version to what.) When it started, I was using Waterfox. I've since uninstalled that and gone back to actual Firefox. I've uninstalled and reinstalled Emby probably three times since then, and the behavior has persisted. The problem still presents itself if I start Firefox in Safe Mode, so I don't think it's any of my add-ons that are causing this. I'm pretty sure this is Firefox specific (if not just me specific), because I can use all these pages in Internet Explorer just fine.

I don't know what other info to provide beyond my log, so I've included the latest one, probably from while I was making those screenshots. If you need to know anything else, just let me know.

server-63596535845.txt

Hi there, welcome. Perhaps try reverting the browser to default settings. I am unable to reproduce on firefox 46 but will keep an eye out for it.

Bodertz

I just want to post to say that I have experienced the pop-ups not closing issue. I can't remember what, if anything, I did to resolve it. If you restart Firefox in safe mode, do the issues persist?

Learning_Curve

Sorry, completely missed you saying that...

How about a new profile, then? The Profilist add-on makes it easy.

Nope. Didn't work. Not a bad idea, though, and one I hadn't tried yet.

Learning_Curve

reverting the browser to default settings

What does that mean, revert to default settings? How does one do that?

I just tried creating a whole new profile, on the advice of Bodertz. Is that the same thing?