Naming Convention for one-off TV shows (eg. documentaries)

Macburp

Macburp

My set-up - Windows 7 with Windows Media Centre and an Xbox 360 where most of the viewing is done. Worked well under Mediabrowser 2x, and after the usual teething problems Mediabrowser 3 is going ok. I have Mediabrowser 3 on my android phone too, which works reasonably well.

From reading the forums I see you guys have gone all in for the enriched metadata experience, but this gives me issues where metadata is not available - usually for older TV shows and one-off documentaries.

I have my documentaries in a single folder that doesn't follow the M3 naming conventions - 

Documentaries\[show]

For multi-part documentaries I try to find metadata and so follow the naming convention -

Documentaries\[show title]\Season 1\[show]

This worked up until the recent server upgrade, but now I can't see anything. I've tried splitting the shows into separate folders for single shows and multi-part, this has failed.

Looking around TVDB for metadata I note that a lot of one-off BBC documentaries have metadata but this doesn't follow the M3 naming convention - instead of 'season 1', documentaries for this year would need to be in a folder called '2013'?

Help! TIA

lack of metadata  isn't really the problem, it's folder structure. so you probably want to start by posting screenshots of folders that are having trouble

Tanamur

@@Macburp - MB3 server does support season folders that TVDB specifies as year \Click (2000)\Season 2012 e.g. S2013E01. It also supports a series program with a mix of season numbers and season years. Do note that it no longer supports file names like series.1401.xvid.avi for this reason I assume.

I would also suggest doing a thorough search of TVDB in the proper search section for the occurrence of the documentary broadcaster to determine if anyone has entered it under the broadcaster, series or other grouping. Below are two of my own examples:

52c0a3980510c_clickseason.jpg

52c0a3af485d0_discoveryseason.jpg

Give it a try with a couple of documentaries, Tanamur

• 2 weeks later...
Macburp

Thanks to all. A few hours of searchnig TVDB.com and renaming sorted out my issues. So it seems that the MB3 rule is 'no metadata, no content'? :)