Popup about server beta, I never enrolled

icthusman1

icthusman1

When logging into Emby today, I saw a popup I have never seen before. It was saying "Thanks for being part of the Emby Beta" or something to that extent. This was followed by a bunch of change notes.

I am not sure how I got into the beta. My auto-update settings are for official channel only. Emby shows me as being on build 3.0.5946.22772 with 3.0.5913 being the last blogged about official build.

Without uninstalling and reinstalling, will my having set Official channel eventually bring me back to the official channel release? How did I get a beta build installed in the first place? I don't believe I have ever set myself to receive them.

You may have installed it from the website. When the next stable release is out you can just install that on top of your current install

browned

I got this popup as well. Just to confirm I am currently running version 3.0.5946.22772 and my automatic updates are set to Official Release. Is that the correct stable version?

Happy2Play

I got this popup as well. Just to confirm I am currently running version 3.0.5946.22772 and my automatic updates are set to Official Release. Is that the correct stable version?

Nope that is a Dev build current Stable/Official release is 3.0.5930.0.  And you will only get that version by installing from website do to you already having a higher version number.

browned

hmmm I have had dev builds and beat previously, but right now I am wanting stable. The web interface is set to stable how to I make it only upgrade to stable?

Thanks

icthusman1

I did not install anything from the website. At least, not since I installed Emby two months, or more, ago. And i picked stable at that time.

Happy2Play

Sorry if you are on an unintended version, the only way for your current version to be updated is to wait for a future Stable version number that is higher than the one you have and that will be awhile.   Or reinstall current stable from website to get you back on the right track.  This will not affect any of your settings.

icthusman1

Sorry if you are on an unintended version, the only way for your current version to be updated is to wait for a future Stable version number that is higher than the one you have and that will be awhile.   Or reinstall current stable from website to get you back on the right track.  This will not affect any of your settings.

Let me note here that I am not complaining, but if Emby is auto-updating people to the Beta channel when they have selected stable then maybe a dev should be looking into this.

I can promise that is not happening. You must have installed it from the website and you're just not remembering.