Video Backdrop and Kodi Skin

monkeyslapper

monkeyslapper

I have The video back drop themes and would  use the themes in kodi. 

What Kodi skins support Video back drops? Is there any setup involved with TVtunes needed?  

Thanks for any help and guidance

Monkeyslapper

Edited by monkeyslapper

Tranquil

Someone told me to use tvtunes in combination with the Titan skin, I use both and tried it, but never get it work. Dont know how to enable this.

monkeyslapper

I will definatly try the titan SKIN! thanks Tranquil. I beleive Vidman is right.. you have to runSync Emby Theme Media to Kodi in the emby. Not in the settings. I selected Direct Stream and That worked for me! 

Good luck!

Monkeyslapper

Edited by monkeyslapper
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...
epayson85

Where is this option to sync emby theme media?  I have looked through all the options in emby kodi addon and I don't see that any where.  I am using the titan skin and I can't seem to get my video backdrops to play.  I have even tried downloading some from tvtunes and they still don't play so I'm wondering if its the skin.

• 1 year later...
jachin99

Has anyone gotten this to work?  I'm using Titan, and I see most of my emby metadata including animated posters, and animated backdrops but I'm not seeing trailers as backdrops or any actual video backdrop.

Angelblue05

Why don't you follow what vidman say and report back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

jachin99

I'm not finding tv tunes in the regular kodi addons repository.  Does anyone have a regular old download for it?  Am I completely missing something or is this normal?  I'm on Kodi version 17

jachin99

I've insalled TV tunes, and I have peformed the sync step outlined above but I'm still not getting video backgrounds.  Is this something that occurs in the native kodi  movies library or do you have to go into the emby for kodi app?

dranderson402

I can't remember how I got it to work. I'll have to look but it will be a few days before I can. Wife is having neck surgery tomorrow morning.

Anyway, from what I remember, I installed tvtunes in Kodi. I also have the tv and movie themes addons in emby. I did have to run the sync emby themes from the emby for kodi addon menu as mentioned earlier. Then there were a few settings I had to do in the tvtunes addon to get it to work. I believe you also have to use the native setting for the emby for kodi addon. The one that goes through emby and allows the use of trailers before movies.

Sorry, this is all from memory which is flaky at best.

Here is a link to the settings wiki - https://github.com/robwebset/script.tvtunes/wiki#Settings

I believe I had to enable theme playing as well as the different menus I wanted the themes to play when browsing.