Guide not working first thing in the morning

tre4b

Another Emby strange thing.

When using LiveTV with HDHomerun and schedules direct.  First thing in the morning the TV is never available.  If I go into LiveTV i just get the recorded programs.  HDHomeRUns app is fine and works but not Emby.  Later in the day Emby will be back to usual and working throughout the rest of the time.

I have tried ramping the schedule refresh up to once every two hours,  this did not fix it though so I'm looking for any other ideas.

Trev

Ah, so it is looking for the HDHR then not putting up the guide because it cannot see a service to support it?  Would that be the right thinking?

The interesting thing is that when this happens I use the HD Homerun app and that connects and sees the Live TV just fine.  This suggests that the FireTV is seeing the box okay but the QNAP server with my Emby on it may not be.  I'll have a poke through the networking.  The Emby box is on the main router but the HDHR is on the switch, it could be something is getting between them as the FireTV is also on the switch and not the router.

It's not really the same unfortunately. The mechanism we use to get the channel list is different than what the hdhomerun app uses. I would ensure the HDHR firmware is up to date, then try again. Apart from that, your HDHR is returning 503 errors, so until those are resolved you're going to continue to have problems.

Hi Luke,

I checked the firmware and it's the most up to date already so not that.  Next to try I will keep the switch and HDHomerun live through the night.  Maybe the downtime on those is causing more issues than it is solving.  I originally made them go off for a while to essentially reboot them once a day but didn't want to be rebooting the server.  Maybe the down time causes Emby to stuggle a bit when they come on line?  

No, the issue isn't that the HDHR is offline, the issue is that it's returning error responses.