Emmy Library does not keep custom information

Wuruwhi
Go to solution Solved by Wuruwhi,

Wuruwhi

Hi Emby Community,

I went through the forum, but did not see anything similar. Sorry if it had been already answered.

I am using Emby (3.0.5913.0) on a Linux Mint 17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit version. I also use Kodi linked to Emby. 

I really like it, it is full of potential.

My Library is made of 2 folders, one for Movies and one for TV shows. Each folder are on the same drive.

Here is how my folders are organized.

/
-- Movies
----- Movie Title (Year)
----- Movie Title (Year)
----- Movie Collection
-------- Movie Title (Year)
-------- Movie Title (Year)
----- Movie Title (Year)
----- Movie Title (Year)

-- Series

----- Serie Title

------- Season 1

------- Season 2

----- Serie Title

------- Season 1

I have Movies/Series in different languages

I added the path for both folder in Emby. I set up Emby to fetch the metadata and create xml and nfo files and put those files next to the film. Same for subtitles and Images.

However I cannot see any of those file on my drive. All movie folders contain only the movie file, no nfo, xml, artwork...

The other day I spent hours customizing the display Title, Primary image, Backdrop...

It looked as I wanted things to look like in Emby Web Media window and in Kodi.

Today when I launched kodi the primary images, backdrop and movie titles had switched back to what it was before I customized everything. Same inside Emby.

Movies with a non english title are renamed in english even though the file name on the HDD is not in english. For some of the movies it changes the information, it will fetch another movie information.

I have installed Emby and kodi. Installed fresh, took hours to reset everything for Emby to again overwrite everything.

I have the same problem for my TV Shows.

My question is why Emby does not keep my custom images, names and decides by itself to overwrite everything I do?

Is there a way to customize or Emby does everything by itself?

Thank you everyone for your help.

Edited by Wuruwhi

Hi there, welcome. Emby does keep your custom images, so there is something else going on there. Maybe there is another program that is touching your metadata, or maybe some file system problem. Can you please try to reproduce the  problem, then provide the server log from that time frame?

Instructions are here:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks!

Wuruwhi

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the welcome.

When looking closely it kept a few of the custom images (but only a couples), however they are not in the folder.

This computer is only used for media streaming.

Attached are the logs from April 10 to 13th. (6 files)

Thank you again :)

(I am going through every movie again to change the pictures. It will take some time)

Archive.zip

Edited by Wuruwhi

there are tons of access errors in your logs

Access to the path "/media/tipene/Papaho/Movies/Océans (2009)/Océans (2009).nfo" is denied.
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException

it looks like maybe you configured emby server to save metadata within media folders but didn't give it write access.

Wuruwhi

My user is part of the emby group, so it should give emby access.

My drive is mounted using fstab

/dev/sdb3 /media/tipene/Papaho ntfs-3g uid=tipene,gid=users,umask=0022 0 0

When I did my setup I saw that on the forum for mounting the drive and allowing access to it.

Edited by Wuruwhi

• Solution
Wuruwhi

Hi Luke,

I tried setting up permissions changing the owner and all but Emby was not able to write. I re-installed Emby and there again same problem.

During the installation, it asked me what user to use. I chose mine, but then Emby was not using my username it was using the default one: emby.

So I edited the file /etc/emby-server.conf to ask Emby Server to use my username instead. As soon as it started to update the Library I saw the images, nfo files... appearing in my folders.

It now has write access.

The only problem I still have is that it does not take the original name for the movie, it is always the english one.

Thank you for help :)

Wuruwhi

Hi Luke,

I have been able to manually change the display name.

I guess, what I wanted was when the nfo file is first created upon the first Library check or when a movie is added, I wanted that nfo file to automatically take the original name of the movie when it goes looking for it's information on TMDB or The Open Movie Database... Instead it take the english one by default.

It's not a big deal, it might just be nice to have an option somewhere that allow us to say we want to keep the name of the movie in the language in which it has been made.

Wuruwhi

Hi Luke,

Thanks for the link I will check it out.

Thank you again for your help on the permissions. This ticket is now resolved. :)

• Like 1