Using remote: jump to letter, logout

nexxai

nexxai

Right now I'm running Emby for Media Center but was considering upgrading the HTPC to Win10.  Right now I use a Media Center remote that works beautifully, but before I upgrade, I wanted to make sure that a couple things work:

1. I have a fairly large movie collection and like being able to jump to a particular letter by using the numpad (T9-style) on the remote.  It works perfectly and I really hope the app does this.

2. Sometimes when I turn on the TV and receiver, the resolution of the HTPC drops to 800x600 or whatever and so I need to either reboot the HTPC or at least close out of Windows Media Center for it to reset the video settings.  Is this something I'll be able to do with the remote?

Thanks!

Koleckai Silvestri

This app is geared towards tablets and mobile devices. You probably want to look at Emby Theater for Windows.

However, you should be able to program your remote to launch an app via its quick key combination (look at the shortcut files). Click the button on the remote and it sends a shortcut key. Windows receives this and launches the app.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Vicpa

Hi,

I use this app exclusively on my HTPC. To each his own. Theater is an other option.

To answer your question remote support is still a little rough. you can collapse all media to groupings by letter, but not currently via the remote. So no...Some things work via the remote others not.

Starting stoping the app would have to be programed in the remote if yours supports that.