Selecting Music Album To Play - Causes Program To Exit

Pancho
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

Pancho

Emby Server - Version 3.0.5913.0

Apple TV App - 1.0.3

Just purchased the AppleTV Gen4 to test for my daughters room.    Great work on the interface!   Have discovered a bug when selecting any Music Album in my library (at the top of the screen for ALBUMS).   It will state the name of the album (Ex. The Smithereens - 11), and then I go to a spinning circle for about 15 seconds, a white screen and the program exits back to the Main AppleTV Menu.     I have no issue playing any album in the web interface, AndroidTV, WMC, etc.      I can play any prior song listed on the LAST PLAYED section, this only occurs when choosing an Album.

My music library currently has 2363 Albums, unsure if that is a factor here.   I have attached the server log.     Also, will there be a beta program (Like on the Android TV)?

Pancho

server-63596102400.txt

Edited by Pancho

How many different albums have you tested this with?  It is consistent on all of them?

• Solution

Never mind - I think I know what this is.

They were all "Rock & Roll" albums (or maybe "Rhythm & Blues") right...?

Pancho

The issue I had was with all albums, didn't matter the Genre the app would bomb out for all.    It appears the TVOS app updated to version 1.0.5 today.    Now when I go into the ALBUMS, I show ZERO albums listed.   I also see ZERO Genre's listed as well.    If I go into ARTISTS, I only see 3 entries (artists starred as FAVORITES), nothing else.     The only way I can play an album is to SEARCH, choose the artist, and then I can play any of the respective artist albums.     No issues playing movies, TV shows, etc.

I deleted the APP from the ATV and re-installed, no change.    Music works fine on my other clients (ShieldTV, WMC, Web).   Would a server log help here?

Edited by Pancho

The issue I had was with all albums, didn't matter the Genre the app would bomb out for all.    It appears the TVOS app updated to version 1.0.5 today.    Now when I go into the ALBUMS, I show ZERO albums listed.   I also see ZERO Genre's listed as well.    If I go into ARTISTS, I only see 3 entries (artists starred as FAVORITES), nothing else.     The only way I can play an album is to SEARCH, choose the artist, and then I can play any of the respective artist albums.     No issues playing movies, TV shows, etc.

I deleted the APP from the ATV and re-installed, no change.    Music works fine on my other clients (ShieldTV, WMC, Web).   Would a server log help here?

When you go into the Album or Artist view - look up at the buttons on the top right.  The heart is probably red.  Move up there and click it...

Pancho

Sigh, well now I just feel foolish here.   :(   The FAVORITES was indeed red, I 'un-selected' it and all the music is there.   I can also play my albums with no problem.

Thanks.

• Like 2