Kodi not updating with new added media.

lloydcodrington

lloydcodrington

Dear Support,

I am running version#3.0.5931.0 and since this update I've noticed that Kodi refuses to find new media added to my library. Up until this update Kodi had always found new media and done so instantly.  However since updating the syncing with Emby has failed and not even restarting Kodi helps resolve the matter. The only way to update the kodi library at present is to do a complete Emby datebase reset, a time consuming process for me.

I can not even get Kodi to sync if I try to do so manually from the menu options.

Please can you assist?

Thanks in anticipation,

Lloyd

• Like 1

lloydcodrington

Hi Alpha, 

Sorry I forgot to include.

But having just looked at your link sent I've restarted Kobi after restarting Emby which was something I did restart last time. I've also re-scanned the library upon restart as well as refresh TV guide and other items but have also noticed that (Advance) : 'Download Channel Content' has always failed since the update.  

Am attaching logs for both Kodi and Emby with Kodi logging set to info.

Thanks.

server-63595975729.zip

kodi.zip

jraaholt

I have the same problem only i just need to do a manual sync. This happened about a week ago ... Before that everything popped up by it self once added to server ... Same thing when i delete an item from Kodi ... Have to manually resync before it's gone from Kodi.

freshj

Keeping an eye out for the solution too as I have the same issue presenting on my system in the last week. 

xnappo

I am having the same problem.  Something must be busted with the server because I haven't updated the addon.  I will debug this evening.

Edited by xnappo

BarryAmerika

Me too, I've just reinstalled and am resyncing now. Too late now for logs but have Beta plugin 2.2.10 under SPMC on android. Server is Version 3.0.5932.0.

xnappo

@@Angelblue05 - in case you get a chance to look before I get home from work, I am on server Version 3.0.5932.0.

Here is a log, but it is pretty boring - it is like the web socket isn't sending updated items, and the fast sync isn't getting them either.  In this log there should have been one new show at startup, and one after message regarding scan complete at the end.

http://pastebin.com/a5HNMiX9

xnappo

Edited by xnappo

xnappo

@ @@marcelveldt @@jurmb84 - are you seeing this issue too?  Started for me yesterday.

@@Luke - anything with notifications change on the server side?  I looked through the changelog and didn't see anything obvious.  I see some firewall authorization changes..?

Edited by xnappo

I can't think of anything. In the web client I am still seeing the browser notifications about new content, and that is using the same web socket messaging.

xnappo

@@Luke - just to be sure - the settings under Advanced->Notifications have nothing to do with the web socket messages right?

Angelblue05

@@xnappo considering you are still on emby for kodi 1.1.81, I would say the issue is server side definitely. I have stopped updating my main server almost 2 months ago for personal reasons, so I am not seeing this issue. I will have to check on my test server.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xnappo

@@Luke @@jurmb84 - looking at the log from post #3, there are billions of these:

2016-04-11 12:50:24.1433 Error App: Error in ItemUpdated event handler
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5931.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Lloyd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Lloyd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Lloyd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Channels.IChannelItem' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5931.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
	System.TypeLoadException
	   at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.LibrarySyncNotification.FilterItem(BaseItem item)
	   at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.LibrarySyncNotification.libraryManager_ItemUpdated(Object sender, ItemChangeEventArgs e)
	   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<UpdateItem>d__cc.MoveNext()

Seeing the same in my log.

Others - from this error - I believe the problem is in the SyncQueue - you might try disabling it to at least get back to somewhat normal operation.

Edited by xnappo

@@Luke @@jurmb84 - looking at the log from post #3, there are billions of these:

2016-04-11 12:50:24.1433 Error App: Error in ItemUpdated event handler
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 3.0.5931.0
	Command line: C:\Users\Lloyd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
	Processor count: 8
	64-Bit OS: True
	64-Bit Process: True
	Program data path: C:\Users\Lloyd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
	Application Path: C:\Users\Lloyd\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
	Could not load type 'MediaBrowser.Controller.Channels.IChannelItem' from assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5931.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'.
	System.TypeLoadException
	   at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.LibrarySyncNotification.FilterItem(BaseItem item)
	   at Emby.Kodi.SyncQueue.EntryPoints.LibrarySyncNotification.libraryManager_ItemUpdated(Object sender, ItemChangeEventArgs e)
	   at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
	   at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.LibraryManager.<UpdateItem>d__cc.MoveNext()

Seeing the same in my log.

Others - from this error - I believe the problem is in the SyncQueue - you might try disabling it to at least get back to somewhat normal operation.

This is a breaking change introduced by the server but it's only in beta as of now. I can help with getting the plugin updated but anyone on the stable server release should not be affected.

• Like 2

Glad to see you guys are on top of it :)

For anyone affected - disabling the 'Fast Startup' option in Emby for Kodi will allow your library to update for now, until the plugin is fixed.

• Like 1

xnappo

For anyone affected - disabling the 'Fast Startup' option in Emby for Kodi will allow your library to update for now, until the plugin is fixed.

I would recommend uninstalling the SyncQueue plugin as well - otherwise your server is going to still be throwing errors and making a massive log.

I'm running 2 servers and both have started spinning out of control. The episodes have started listing themselves out of order after the server auto updated itself. I'm running both SPMC version 16.0.2 and Kodi. The server is running the stable release not the beta. I didn't have debug logging enabled on the server i'm so sorry. I enabled it for now and will post logs soon. Now i do have some interesting information. I've been working on a Kodi Krypton for Android test build that runs with the Emby plugin. "i modified the code" and it seems unaffected. I have no idea why, but the episode information is correct, in order, and it appears to be syncing. However the Jarvis version is having nothing but problems. Both servers crashed this morning on the stable release. Both running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. After that they started syncing the bad data to Kodi. Is the Kodi plugin being discontinued? I noticed the beta is discontinued? I really hope not. 

We are looking into it. Thank you all for testing pre-release versions of Emby Server.

• Like 1

xnappo

I'm running 2 servers and both have started spinning out of control. The episodes have started listing themselves out of order after the server auto updated itself. I'm running both SPMC version 16.0.2 and Kodi. The server is running the stable release not the beta. I didn't have debug logging enabled on the server i'm so sorry. I enabled it for now and will post logs soon. Now i do have some interesting information. I've been working on a Kodi Krypton for Android test build that runs with the Emby plugin. "i modified the code" and it seems unaffected. I have no idea why, but the episode information is correct, in order, and it appears to be syncing. However the Jarvis version is having nothing but problems. Both servers crashed this morning on the stable release. Both running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. After that they started syncing the bad data to Kodi. Is the Kodi plugin being discontinued? I noticed the beta is discontinued? I really hope not. 

@@Tdunk - if disabling the SyncQueue plugin doesn't fix your problem, and you really are running stable server and not beta - then you have a different problem.  Please try to capture a log and post a separate thread.

Thanks. This worked for me.  I'm running Emby Server 3.0.5913.0. and Kodi Emby add-on 2.2.10. I disabled 'Fast Startup', restarted Emby Server,  restarted Kodi, and then did a manual re-sync.