android app - Pivos Xios DS - how to control it?

spon

Hello. I recently purchased the android app for use in a Pivos Xios DS media streamer. The app itself seems to work great, but I'm having a terrible time controlling it. Can anyone think of a better way to control the app other than using the Xios remote control? I have tried to use the MB3 iphone app and the remote part of it will allow me to play or stop the video, but that's all. I have a Harmony universal remote, but I'm not sure if that can help at all. 

Thanks for any suggestions!

Redshirt

Can you expand on your controlling issues. Are you referring to navigating the UI or transport controls while something is playing. 

Thanks for the reply redshirt. Here are the issues I'm having with the android client: - using the Xios remote, I can navigate the UI ok, but can only play the video and exit the video. I cannot pause, ffw, rwd, bring up on screen controls, etc - TV shows don't play full screen. Files 1280 * 718 play in a box on my 720p TV. I don't mean the letterbox, but a box around all four sides. movies of a similar resolution (1280 wide) do play correctly without the box. Any ideas on these two issues? Also, does buying the android app make me a contributor? Just curious as I really do like the software. Thanks! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by spon

First point Red is aware of.

Second point can you please supply ffmpeg log, debug server log and the log from the android device.

Also, does buying the android app make me a contributor?

Not sure what you mean here I assume you mean supporter? If so no that is different.

Attached is the ffdshow log for a TV show (plays incorrectly inside of a black box) and a movie (plays correctly).

I'm not sure how to get the log out of the android device. I'm fairly competent working with PCs, but this is the first Android device I have ever worked with. I also don't see a debug server log in the logs folder. 

Thanks!

movie.txt

TVshow.txt

Edited by spon

sorry for the delay Tikuf and thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Attached is the device log from the Android app and the server logs (I believe). If I missed anything, please let me know.

One other thing that I noticed when browsing in the android app is that if I set the filter to "unwatched" in the movies section, the UI freezes and I cannot scroll any movies at all. I need to Exit back to the main MB3 screen and then go back into movies, but all movies are shown. I don't seem to be able to use the unwatched option without the UI freezing. 

Thanks!!

client-3ef80478-1d95-41a9-a021-4d9642fe4144.txt

server-63524103859.log

ffmpeg-f2d96a81-9008-4d10-a217-676e9e46a9b9.txt

Edited by spon

Thanks Redshirt. Should I start a fresh topic to address the files being displayed in the wrong size inside of a windowed box rather than full screen? I don't want to start a new topic if it's not appropriate, but the issue is really much different than my original post/topic title.

Thanks