Specials auto naming same as movie title

lurch9366
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

lurch9366

same here.. still no luck on those

I tried every work around i could think of... they're stuck

I don't want to speak for you MndWrp, but I am more than willing to try any switch changes Luke. Meaning a toggle that would allow all specials to pull naming info from the file name vs embedded title. I am currently running the latest beta with auto updates enabled.  

MndWrp

Well at this point i tried everything so no choice to wait on that... although i did duplicate a faulty movie on a different drive and emby did pick it up correctly using the file name for extras so my files are ok.

That might become a solution if a better one isn't coming by Luke and friends.

• Like 1

MndWrp

make sure there isn't a metadata file with the old title in it

There isn't as far as i can tell... unless there is some stored movie extras xml somewhere else than in the movie folder itself?

MndWrp

Any news on this, as i go on i find more and more wrongly titled extras... i sure would fix that if i could but no luck still...

The name is being pulled from embedded video metadata. Just just the editor to set the name that you want.

MndWrp

Actually now that i know the metadata is read instead of the file name I'll find a way to use it to my advantage... I'd just like to be able to purge the ones that are faulty...

Edited by MndWrp
  • Like 1

lurch9366

Same here, I have named many of them correctly and even after removing the movie xml file it still uses to old title.  

MndWrp

The only way i was finally able to purge the bug was to change the path to my media so emby thinks its brand new files... if the path stays the same it always remembers the wrong naming.

Deathsquirrel

Same here, I have named many of them correctly and even after removing the movie xml file it still uses to old title.  

It's reading the embedded metadata in the file, not as associated xml doc.  There are lots of tools for editing metadata embedded in the files.

For example, If I rip my region 2 blu-ray of Sneakers the default embedded name might be SNEAKERS (Region 2 1992).  That's shown in MakeMKV when it am setting up my rip so I change it to just say Sneakers.  Every single track that I rip has that same title in its internal metadata.  It sounds like Emby reads that info for specials identification and if the all have the same data they all get the same title.

You need to move these "out of path", as in out of places emby can see them. Now run the clean database task. Then copy these back into place as they were and have emby run a scan library.

Also renaming with an underscore_ on the end of the filename makes emby see it as new media and it will add it again reading metadata. You should run the clean database task afterwards to clean out the entry no longer relevant though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

MndWrp

I tried with adding an ignore file in the folder, scan, clean database, rescan, restart server... it was always still there... in the end i did an 'out of path' by changing the name of my media folder... that finally worked.

I just wish emby would have been smart enough to purge the changed name once the metadata had been removed.

Edited by MndWrp

So I found a solution, find an special feature with a name you don't like, right click on it and open it another tab. On this details page for the file, click on the settings dots and click edit. Then change the Name to whatever the special feature should be titled.

You used to have to play the special feature, click X while playing to close on it, then be brought to the details page to make the changed. When this was removed it took a while to find the above trick.

• Like 1

lurch9366

So I found a solution, find an special feature with a name you don't like, right click on it and open it another tab. On this details page for the file, click on the settings dots and click edit. Then change the Name to whatever the special feature should be titled.

You used to have to play the special feature, click X while playing to close on it, then be brought to the details page to make the changed. When this was removed it took a while to find the above trick.

Yes This does work but I have around 500 to go through so... Good for 1 or two. Thanks for the tip.

MndWrp

Nice tip but at least changing the path fixed them all in a few clicks

The real solution would be for emby to realise the is a change in the file when a scan happens.

Hopefully a fix will come