Collections/Box Sets setup issue

Kenacious_D

Kenacious_D

Hi all,

I recently had to re-format my C:\ drive and re-install Emby from scratch and I'm having a hard time getting all of my settings back to the way they were. I'm hoping for a bit of advice.

1st off, I have the latest server version and I run Emby for Media Center. I am using the diamond theme.  

My issue is this, I have always had a specific folder set up on one of my drives called "Box Sets". 

57094118112e1_boxsets.jpg

When I go into the Box Sets area I am supposed to see (and used to see) the Demonseed box sets folder icons I had set up and created with his photoshop actions. Instead, I just see all of the individual movies.

How can I get this to display properly? Do I change a setting in Ember server or in Emby for MC?

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ken

Edited by Kenacious_D

Kenacious_D

Hey Luke,

Thanks for getting back to me.

In Explorer, the folders are set up as follows:

57094534b0984_boxsetsexplorer.jpg

Each collection is in it's own folder and each movie is in it's own sub folder

570945799bf68_boxsetsexploreravengers.jp

You'll need to go into user preferences in the web interface or emc settings and disable enhanced views for the movie library

On the server, in your user home screen settings, un-check Enhanced Presentations for that library.

What you have there will work for straight navigation, but those are just going to be folders not box sets or collections to Emby. In other words, they won't appear in places where you see 'Collections' listed and movies won't collapse into them automatically in other displays.

• 1 month later...
msharpe3875

I'm relatively new to Emby and its functionality after using mediabrowser for a while. I have set up 2 users on the Emby server one named "Adults" and one named "Kids" which are identical other than the latter only showing GB-PG rated content. I am running WMC on a number of clients but have recently tried Kodi.  The issue I have is that I've used legacy browsing on WMC to replicate my folder structure but this isn't an option on Kodi. This means that any "collections" or movies with more than one file appear multiple times.  I've played around with the collections functionality but it appears I need to add collections for each user - so for example the 50 or so TMNT episodes i have need to be added to a kids user collection and an adults user collection in order to avoid seeing 50 TMNT in my adults view!  This wouldn't be so much of a problem if it was possible to group add episodes to collections rather than one at a time.  Is there an easier way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

I'm relatively new to Emby and its functionality after using mediabrowser for a while. I have set up 2 users on the Emby server one named "Adults" and one named "Kids" which are identical other than the latter only showing GB-PG rated content. I am running WMC on a number of clients but have recently tried Kodi.  The issue I have is that I've used legacy browsing on WMC to replicate my folder structure but this isn't an option on Kodi. This means that any "collections" or movies with more than one file appear multiple times.  I've played around with the collections functionality but it appears I need to add collections for each user - so for example the 50 or so TMNT episodes i have need to be added to a kids user collection and an adults user collection in order to avoid seeing 50 TMNT in my adults view!  This wouldn't be so much of a problem if it was possible to group add episodes to collections rather than one at a time.  Is there an easier way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

You are talking about with Kodi...?

msharpe3875

Re Chief - Not specifically Kodi.  I currently use legacy browsing on WMC but if I introduce a Kodi client which doesn't have legacy browsing as an option, my media appears all over the place.  When creating collections on Emby server (and then turning off legacy browsing on WMC on the same machine to check what the appearance is) it looks like I need to create collections under both Emby server users, which to me is just unnecessary duplication - but i can see its potential advantages and flexibility also.

Luke - thanks for the link.

First, let's get on the same page for what you are calling a "Collection".

In the old MB2 world, the top level items in your library that show on the EHS were referred to as "collections".  But, now, in Emby, a collection is what used to be referred to in MB2 as a "Box Set".

Which are you talking about?

msharpe3875

You've lost me there Chief - All i'm trying to do is get Emby to display folder like structure.  I can do this, but it seems it has to be done by server user.  I have 2 users in Emby.  One for the kids and one for adults. I have all of my media in one top folder so each user is accessing the same folders/files etc just parental guidance dependent.  I have for example within my moves folder a subfolder with avatar containing 1 video file, and next to it a folder with 50 episodes of teenage mutant ninja turtles (no judgement pls).  When viewing movies all files show up individually no matter what I do, unless I log into the server as one user and add items to a collection that seems to work.  But then logging in as the other user all items show individually again - so i need to recreate everything twice.  It's really frustrating. 

To get the most out of Emby you should follow the advice in the Library Setup guide and separate your TV and Movies into separate libraries.  If you really just don't want to do this, then you will need to define the library as "Unset (Mixed Content)" and may suffer from some limited functionality or need to be much more careful about the exact structure of the files in the file system.

Thanks Chief - can you point me to the Library Setup Guide as I can seem to find it

When you are in the Library Setup page on the server, click the "Help" button at the top...