Trouble correcting wrong identification of a movie

Marc_G
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Marc_G

Hi team,

I'm having a problem that I haven't had before.  Server (.5927) has identified a movie incorrectly. I went into Identify, picked the correct one, and several new images (correct ones) were downloaded. I saved it. However, the title is still wrong, several of the images are the wrong ones, and it displays incorrectly.

The movie is #Horror. A 2015 release. It was in a folder called \Horror(2015)\  and was incorrectly identified as "A Christmas Horror Story" (which is pretty good... you ought to watch that one!).

So, I went into the dashboard, selected Metadata Manager, Selected the movie ("A Christmas Horror Story" since that is how it displayed), and clicked on the upper-right three dot control, then selected Identify.  It showed all the A Christmas Horror Story info. I cleared out everthing (IMDB IDs and so forth), leaving only the proper title (#Horror) and the 2015 release date filled in.

Pressed the blue Search bar.  It presented me with several hits, one of which was the correct #Horror movie. I selected it, and left the checkbox "Replace existing images" checked. Pressed Submit. Waited a couple minutes. It still listed the movie name as A Christmas Horror Story.  I chose refresh. Nothing happened. Checked the metadata images... a mix of correct and incorrect pictures. When selecting the movie in the Metadata Manager view, mostly incorrect metadata is shown (description etc). Title in the listing on the left still shows as A Christmas Horror Story even if I manually edit the Name: field on the right. Saving/refreshing does nothing.

I went in and deleted all the metadata field entries, leaving only title and date. Refreshed. STill shows up as A Christmas Horror Story.

What's up with this and how do I fix it? Thanks

Marc

Marc_G

Well, solved I guess. Sort of.

I restarted Emby server, (turns out I was actually on .5926 and the .5927 update was waiting for me), and while that was going on I renamed the folder containing the movie to \#horror (2015)\

Then, when server was up, I did a full refresh of my movie library. This time, the correct movie was found off the bat and things look good. But, really I've only sidestepped the problem.

The real problem is that if Emby incorrectly identifies the movie, simply re-identifying it manually and resaving doesn't necessarily properly update the display title and metadata, even if full refresh of that movie is selected.

Curious about any thoughts on this.

Marc