"Document not found in stack"

yeahbut

yeahbut

Hi,

I have been waiting for this, love to get it working.

I logged in through connect and the PIN was accepted, but when I choose the server from the main screen I get:

"Oops, something went wrong, document nor found in stack"

Any suggestions appreciated

Mark

What happens if you simply go back (menu button) from that message?

Also, before that happened, what, exactly did you see?  Was there a period of time where it said "Connecting to xxx..."?

AZRichG

I get that message when using the tvOS app with a new user, after a couple minutes of that 'connecting to' message I hit 'Menu' on the remote.

My recordings aren't showing up when I do get into the tvOS app, other media does. The tvOS app is 1.0.3 and my recordings are stored locally on the boot drive in /Emby. I'm using 3.0.5913.0 version of the server.

For grins I created a new user called 'tester' and had the same issue. Now the tvOS app is stuck at 'Starting Up' so I'll try deleting and re-installing.

I'm gonna keep poking around, last time I was having issues I moved my recording library and haven't been able to figure out how to get it back properly, maybe that has something to do with it?

Edit- tried deleting the server (tvOS side) and then adding it again via it's addy (vs using Emby Connect as I did last time). Logged in as one of my users, got the 'something went wrong, document not found in stack.' message almost immediately. Then hit 'Menu' and am at the homepage still missing my recordings.

Edited by AZRichG

If by "recordings" you mean recorded TV, then that is a part of our Live TV functionality and is not yet supported in this app.

yeahbut

What happens if you simply go back (menu button) from that message?

Also, before that happened, what, exactly did you see?  Was there a period of time where it said "Connecting to xxx..."?

The first couple of times I tried to go back, the system froze. No buttons would work. After the recent update, I am only getting the message very occasionally, and now the back button takes me back to the home screen.

Before it happens, I see a grayed out version of what looks like a fuzzy home screen?

Thanks.

Mark

• 1 year later...
SHEDWORKS

I just purchased an ATV4 specifically for Emby, but can't seem to get it to connect.

Emby is sitting on a NUC running Windows 10 sitting right beside the ATV.  They are on the same WifFi network.  The first message I'm getting says that EMBY for TV can't find an Emby server on the local network, but there definitely is one.  When I try using Emby Connect, it appears to work but I consistently get the "Document not found in stack".  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Emby, but that hasn't helped.  I've also deleted the app and reinstalled with no more success.

Before I did the reinstallation I was able to get to an Emby window via the URL.  It listed three servers.  One had the name of my current server (SHED-MEDIA), but selecting it would bring up the "Document not found in stack" error.  The second one had a name I've used in the past (SHED-TV) which brought up the same error.  The third was named TEST-SERVER (or something like that) with a user named TEST (which doesn't exist on my server).  When I selected it Emby would open showing Movies with six movies I've never heard of and that's all.  I have no idea what the test server is.

I've been using Emby with Kodi for a long time but it's time to leave Kodi behind.  Can anyone suggest a way to get ATV to work so I can do that?

Hi @@SHEDWORKS --

These types of errors are really hard to troubleshoot because we can't currently get the Emby logs for the Apple TV app easily off the device. Do you happen to own a Mac of some sort and a USB cable?

Can you outline the exact steps/screens you're getting when you try and connect with Emby connect and get the error you mention?

Thanks!

I just purchased an ATV4 specifically for Emby, but can't seem to get it to connect.

Emby is sitting on a NUC running Windows 10 sitting right beside the ATV.  They are on the same WifFi network.  The first message I'm getting says that EMBY for TV can't find an Emby server on the local network, but there definitely is one.  When I try using Emby Connect, it appears to work but I consistently get the "Document not found in stack".  I've uninstalled and reinstalled Emby, but that hasn't helped.  I've also deleted the app and reinstalled with no more success.

Before I did the reinstallation I was able to get to an Emby window via the URL.  It listed three servers.  One had the name of my current server (SHED-MEDIA), but selecting it would bring up the "Document not found in stack" error.  The second one had a name I've used in the past (SHED-TV) which brought up the same error.  The third was named TEST-SERVER (or something like that) with a user named TEST (which doesn't exist on my server).  When I selected it Emby would open showing Movies with six movies I've never heard of and that's all.  I have no idea what the test server is.

I've been using Emby with Kodi for a long time but it's time to leave Kodi behind.  Can anyone suggest a way to get ATV to work so I can do that?

Are you able to access your server from a web browser on a machine other than the one running the server?

Not being able to find it automatically is probably a firewall issue where the firewall is blocking the UDP requests.

When using Connect, you may actually be accessing it via the external address if the internal one is blocked.

SHEDWORKS

I can access Emby from my iPhone via the app.  The app found Emby without any intervention on my part.  I can also access from my Mac and my iPhone via Chrome.  After complaining a bit it also works on Windows 10 running in Parallels - the complaining happened in Microsoft Edge where I had a blank screen first but reached Emby on the second try.

I've disabled the firewall on the server and tried everything again without success.  Using connect gave me what appeared to be an endless Starting Up message while the IP address simply said "oops".  

And I do have a Mac and a USB cable.  What should I do with them?

If there is anything I can tell you that would be helpful let me know.  For the moment I think I'd better turn my firewall back on.

SHEDWORKS

After a number of attempts, I've been able to access the Emby server from the Apple TV with the IP address.  I've tried it a couple of times and it's let me in. I wish I could tell you what I did that made the difference, but I can't.  It was just one more attempt after I turned the firewall back on.  I had the "document not found in stack" appear momentarily even once I got in when opening folders, but mostly it seems to work.

However, it requires me to enter the IP address each time which is hardly ideal in a large household.  That was unaffected by the removal of the firewall and I haven't yet found a way to get directly into Emby.  Currently the server is less than one inch from the Apple TV so communication doesn't seem to be an issue.  

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

SHEDWORKS

Found the problem.  Somehow the drive letter for the drive that contained all my content changed from D to E.  I have no idea how that happened, but now I've changed it to M.  Once I changed to folder paths in Emby the Apple TV started working.  The surprising thing now isn't that the ATV failed but that everything else seemed to work.

Thanks Corey and ebr for your help.  

• Like 1

Found the problem.  Somehow the drive letter for the drive that contained all my content changed from D to E.  I have no idea how that happened, but now I've changed it to M.  Once I changed to folder paths in Emby the Apple TV started working.  The surprising thing now isn't that the ATV failed but that everything else seemed to work.

Thanks Corey and ebr for your help.  

Awesome.  Thanks for reporting back.