Google Drive as source

tatumana

Guest keithcq71

I have an alpha build of an EmbyServer Google Drive plugin available.  Right now, alpha version 0 build does require the user to have at leased used KODI once to configure the required settings and to enroll an account.  After the config file is generated, the app runs standalone.

I'll be building a process co configure the EmbyServer app without using KODI in a later alpha build.

Can I try this? 

Guest keithcq71

What platform are you running your Plex on?  Windows, Linux, etc?

I run it on Embys. I use your g drive on my Kodi . I like it . I was just curious on how it would work on Emby. The api bans with Plex are a big concern 

ddurdle

I run it on Embys. I use your g drive on my Kodi . I like it . I was just curious on how it would work on Emby. The api bans with Plex are a big concern 

It runs the same way as the KODI plugin.  The plugin extracts STRM files and you load these into EmbyServer.  Then when you play the content from your Emby Client, the EmbyServer funnels the request to the plugin.  The plugin runs on your EmbyServer.  Right now there are a number of testers in the forum testing, they are all running EmbyServer on linux, so I haven't bothered to generate an EmbyServer on Windows.  If you can confirm which platform, then I'll know which set of instructions to send you.

Right now, the plugin has been updated to run without needing to import any settings.  You start the plugin, authenticate your Google account and start extracting STRM files to import.

The automated scheduler so that it extracts STRM files for new files added to Google Drive is being worked on

Guest keithcq71

It runs the same way as the KODI plugin.  The plugin extracts STRM files and you load these into EmbyServer.  Then when you play the content from your Emby Client, the EmbyServer funnels the request to the plugin.  The plugin runs on your EmbyServer.  Right now there are a number of testers in the forum testing, they are all running EmbyServer on linux, so I haven't bothered to generate an EmbyServer on Windows.  If you can confirm which platform, then I'll know which set of instructions to send you.

Right now, the plugin has been updated to run without needing to import any settings.  You start the plugin, authenticate your Google account and start extracting STRM files to import.

The automated scheduler so that it extracts STRM files for new files added to Google Drive is being worked on

My Emby is installed on Windows 10 . My Google account using your g drive is installed on Kodi. I dont run Linux so maybe I need to try Linux 

Tharnax

Hello,

How to make emby work using CloudXtender?

Thank you

x2

I just noticed that Amazon drive Canada has killed off their unlimited storage version less than 2 years after releasing it in Canada and with my renewal date set to March 2018 and 3+TB of personal videos and files they want to increase my annual subscription cost from $60 to over $350.   :angry:

x2

I just noticed that Amazon drive Canada has killed off their unlimited storage version less than 2 years after releasing it in Canada and with my renewal date set to March 2018 and 3+TB of personal videos and files they want to increase my annual subscription cost from $60 to over $350.   :angry:

Ah.. the old 'bait and switch' play :).

Tharnax

Ah.. the old 'bait and switch' play :).

Yep 2nd time as well.   I also got nailed with the OneDrive unlimited bait and switch play as well.  :(

ddurdle

Google was the first to offer unlimited (back in 2014) and it is tied to their business offers -- not consumer offerings -- so therefore it is more safe from being discontinued.

OneDrive did the bait-and-switch big time -- they offered the unlimited to everyone and then said they pulled unlimited from everyone.  Then they quietly introduced unlimited for businesses only (minimum users required).

Amazon Cloud Drive only offered it to consumers and it was surely going to end disastrous.

Box is another option for unlimited -- business users, minimum user number required.

ddurdle

My Emby is installed on Windows 10 . My Google account using your g drive is installed on Kodi. I dont run Linux so maybe I need to try Linux 

I can host it on my embyserver if you want to try it out.  At this point I'm making changes on a daily basis, so I'm not generating Windows EXE builds (I don't use Windows at home or work, and I keep a Windows kicking around in a VM on one machine for purposes of generating builds).  There are a number of users here I'm working with to test.  They are not proficient in linux but are using it for this testing.  I just started offering some users ability to jump on one of my cloud hosted embyservers so they can try out emby with google drive media

@@ddurdle realy realy great. I'm trying to make something else. I push my records to gdrive on Linux with rsync. Now I want to get the streamlink for that file so that I can write the strm file for that. I only need the link working for 12h because I use ffmpeg to convert everything over night.

My problem is that I can't get the streamlink for the file in a bash script. I tried your script but also I read the readme and try to copy the config file from your gdrive add-on on kodi I also lost how to do. Do you have a simple way to get the streamlink in a Linux bash script? That would be great.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Edited by bgx

Guest keithcq71

I can host it on my embyserver if you want to try it out.  At this point I'm making changes on a daily basis, so I'm not generating Windows EXE builds (I don't use Windows at home or work, and I keep a Windows kicking around in a VM on one machine for purposes of generating builds).  There are a number of users here I'm working with to test.  They are not proficient in linux but are using it for this testing.  I just started offering some users ability to jump on one of my cloud hosted embyservers so they can try out emby with google drive media

ok Ill pm you 

ddurdle

@@ddurdle realy realy great. I'm trying to make something else. I push my records to gdrive on Linux with rsync. Now I want to get the streamlink for that file so that I can write the strm file for that. I only need the link working for 12h because I use ffmpeg to convert everything over night.

My problem is that I can't get the streamlink for the file in a bash script. I tried your script but also I read the readme and try to copy the config file from your gdrive add-on on kodi I also lost how to do. Do you have a simple way to get the streamlink in a Linux bash script? That would be great.

Gesendet von meinem MHA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Does it have to be bash?  Could I provide you a python or perl script?  I have a slew of python and perl scripts I use to automate things in Google Drive, and I actually have a need to download transcoded versions of the video using the streamlink url, so I was planning to spend some mins when I have free time to throw together a simple function either in python or perl that can be called from a script to do precisely this.

@@ddurdle Hey, really great. I think perl or bash is going also because I can run it from bash ;-)

At the moment I've another problem. I only had 10mbps upload line. I want to start the upload to cloud just in time, means the source file is not finished and in write. Do you have an idea how I can acomplished this? I tryed a lot things from linux gdrive, ocamlfuse, rclone ... but I couldn't get it to work. I think I must do it with a pipe or something. Or can I write the strm and I can use it before the upload to cloud is finished?

I think I will pm you...

Realy thanks for your help and keep up the good work :-)

• 3 weeks later...
ddurdle

I have a hosted Emby instance running in the cloud (for about the past 3 weeks) only hosting test files from Google Drive, as proof-of-concept.  Anyone interested in testing it, PM me your Emby Connect email address and I will send you an invite.  I'm also allowing users to tie in their own Google Drive content for testing.

I have transcoding turned off, but my test media I've loaded are all streamable HLS content.  Once the user kicks off something to playback, the user is redirected to Google Drive streaming service, so it is "always fast" regardless where you are located, since the content is delivered through your closest geographical Google region data center.

There are only issues with subtitles (it works but may have issues on Smart TVs).  Plus I'm relying on open subtitles fetch and not supporting pulling supplied subtitles from the Google Drive (if provided) -- I am working on changing this to pull subtitles when available from Google Drive.

Most users, when they start loading their own content, start running into playback issues because they tend to have media files not designed for streaming.  I'm looking at options to incorporate Google transcoding.  If you are running off a private Emby server that can do transcoding, you can enable emby transcoding and that will resolve this issue for you, but then you lose the benefit of the stream being sent direct to the user through Google.

Edited by ddurdle
  • Like 2

drikosv8

I have a hosted Emby instance running in the cloud (for about the past 3 weeks) only hosting test files from Google Drive, as proof-of-concept. Anyone interested in testing it, PM me your Emby Connect email address and I will send you an invite. I'm also allowing users to tie in their own Google Drive content for testing.

I have transcoding turned off, but my test media I've loaded are all streamable HLS content. Once the user kicks off something to playback, the user is redirected to Google Drive streaming service, so it is "always fast" regardless where you are located, since the content is delivered through your closest geographical Google region data center.

There are only issues with subtitles (it works but may have issues on Smart TVs). Plus I'm relying on open subtitles fetch and not supporting pulling supplied subtitles from the Google Drive (if provided) -- I am working on changing this to pull subtitles when available from Google Drive.

Most users, when they start loading their own content, start running into playback issues because they tend to have media files not designed for streaming. I'm looking at options to incorporate Google transcoding. If you are running off a private Emby server that can do transcoding, you can enable emby transcoding and that will resolve this issue for you, but then you lose the benefit of the stream being sent direct to the user through Google.

@@ddurdle

My emby connect is drikosv8

Tks my friend

• 4 weeks later...