How to Re-scrape Metadata

kayoemby
Go to solution Solved by Marc_G,

kayoemby

How do I re-scrape my movie metadata? After upgrading my drive to SSD and restoring emby via the Backup plugin, the actors' pictures are no longer showing on the movie info page, just the names and the generic icons show. How do I fix this please? If I want Emby to scrape metadata again, how do I do this?

Thanks.

5702ec7a8b7f7_Screenshot20160404183455.p

Happy2Play

You didn't save your People folder?  You should be able to click three dot menu on that screen and refresh.  Or Edit, Refresh, Full Refresh

kayoemby

You didn't save your People folder?  You should be able to click three dot menu on that screen and refresh.  Or Edit, Refresh, Full Refresh

Of course, my People folder is right there and also refresh doesn't do the trick unless I do "identify" on individual movies to re-scrape but obviously I don't want to individually scrape (identify) every movie in my collection.

• Solution
Marc_G

For me this works if I go into Metadata Manager, click on a high level folder (for me it's Movies, TV Series, etc.) and hit the three dot menu, Refresh.

But I wonder if somehow in your reinstallation the link between the people folder and the server got broken. I'll be watching to see what the Devs say on this one.

• Like 2

kayoemby

For me this works if I go into Metadata Manager, click on a high level folder (for me it's Movies, TV Series, etc.) and hit the three dot menu, Refresh. Then hit the Save checkmark in the upper right.

But I wonder if somehow in your reinstallation the link between the people folder and the server got broken. I'll be watching to see what the Devs say on this one.

Sorry for the late reply. Just wanted to say your refresh suggestion fixed the issue for me. Thanks.