Source

pecinko

pecinko

Hey guys, 

congratulations on Apple TV app!

Are you using TVML & JSPlayer? Some of the movie covers seem to have incorrect aspect ratio or at least it is different from those used in Apple's TVML templates.

Is the source code available somewhere so I can build and test in TVOS simulator? I would like to make a few improvements. I have found this https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Emby.Apple/tree/master/Emby%20(tvOS)but it is 3 months old and it seems incomplete by the looks. 

We have not opened the source for this at this point.

What changes would you like to make?

pecinko

I wanted to "play" with TVML templates. E.g. synopsis is hard to read for me on movie info page so I would either add a gradient overlay or remove fan art and go with a default blurred background. Similarly I would like to try "default" size for posters in movie grid view. Small things like that. 

Overlay/underlay isn't an option so we would have to completely remove the backdrop.  Possible we could add that as an option at some point but I think the artwork looks really nice in most instances.

We can also play a bit with the darkening we are doing to the backdrop.

pecinko

OK, thanks for info. I expected you wouldn't like to give up on backdrops - that's why I asked if the source is/will be open so I can fiddle with it myself :) 

BTW, Album and artist labels are missing in a player. Are you not populating subtitle for MediaItem or is it because of the bug at Apple side?

Last thing - when you re-start the app newly added sections don't pop-up at home screen. Only way to refresh is quitting the app.

BTW, Album and artist labels are missing in a player. Are you not populating subtitle for MediaItem or is it because of the bug at Apple side?

We are populating it.  The player just doesn't show it.

Last thing - when you re-start the app newly added sections don't pop-up at home screen. Only way to refresh is quitting the app.

What, exactly, did you do to "restart the app" and what are "newly added sections"?

pecinko

- Started the app

- browsed the media sections/libraries on home screen, played a movie

- closed the app

- watched a Youtube video

- added music section/library on a server

- opened (re-started) emby app again - music section/library is not shown on a home screen

- double clicked upper-right button

- swiped the emby app away (full quit)

- started the app again, changes on server where detected and music section/library was shown

Edited by pecinko

Okay, the issue is with the "closed the app" part.

Just like your phone, you never actually close an app on this device.  If you back out to the home screen it just suspends the app and, when you return, you are right back where you left it.  So, you never closed or re-started the app until you force closed it with the device menu.  There is a restart app option on the user menu in the app as well.

The initial release of the app doesn't have all the necessary logic to listen to changes on your server to know something was added at the top level.  You will always get fresh information anywhere below the first screen but it won't "see" changes at the top level yet.  That will come in a later release.

• Like 1

pecinko

ok, thanks.

More server related but still very related to Apple ecosystem- can we expect Server will be able to read MP4 video tags? Use embedded genre, poster, cast, ratings... info and supplement only missing data via web metadata providers?

ok, thanks.

More server related but still very related to Apple ecosystem- can we expect Server will be able to read MP4 video tags? Use embedded genre, poster, cast, ratings... info and supplement only missing data via web metadata providers?

It already does that.

In fact, a user gave me a sample m4v file today and I just dropped it into a home video library and I got a thumbnail, title, summary etc. for it.

pecinko

Then I need to check my settings. I have not tried with home videos but web data take precedence over embedded ones for files in my movie library.

No, you shouldn't make them home videos.

If you have local nfo or xml files I know that will take precedence but embedded data should have priority over fetching.  Possible there is an issue there...

I've darkened the backdrop a little more.  Re-start your app to see the change.

• 5 years later...
JetForMe

I'd love to improve the login experience more, and make server selection the root of the browser, rather than having to go into Settings -> Change Server.