Collections View

Theodore

Theodore

I just updated to 3.0.5912.0 and the Collections view is broken again. This happened on an older version where my users would be able to see ALL collections, even those in libraries they did not have access to. For example, all users on my system are able to see all collections on my server - Movies, Shows, and Adult. The solution has been to lower the allowed parental rating to sub-XXX as those collections have that rating, but on the flip side the "Adult" user can see all of the regular movie collections which are in libraries that user does not have access to.

I am running MBServer on Server 2008R2.

Hi, this is not related to 3.0.5912 and was also present in 3.0.5911. It's a little more complex so it will have to wait for the next release. thanks for your patience.

Theodore

I skipped 3.0.5911 so I didn't see it there. 

I realize you guys are doing this on your own and have done remarkably well on Emby in general, but how does something as obvious as this make it past QA?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Happy2Play

Not sure I follow.  Are you saying if you apply a rating to Collection View it isn't working?  I have tested this and all collections above set parental rating are removed.

Not sure I follow.  Are you saying if you apply a rating to Collection View it isn't working?  I have tested this and all collections above set parental rating are removed.

It's a known issue right now that will be resolved in a future release. What's happening is collections are respecting parental control but not library separation. so if all movies of a collection are blocked via parental control, the collection will also be hidden because it inherits the max rating of all contained items. But if all movies of a collection are blocked just via library access, then the collection itself will still be visible.

Theodore

What Luke said, but I'll give you my scenario if it helps you understand:

The user accounts are $me, $her, $kiddo, and $adult

$me max rating is set to XXX so I can see EVERYTHING in the libraries my account has access to and I can see the collections that are only in the library for $adult but NOT the movies themselves because those libraries are not assigned.

$her max rating is set to NC-17/X so she can see everything in the libraries assigned to her account but the $adult collections do NOT show because they are set to XXX.

$kiddo max rating is set to PG. All good here, no problems (as long as I make sure the category rating is set correctly).

$adult max rating is set to XXX. Can see all items in the libraries it has access to and nothing in libraries it does not. But in collections view it can see not only the collections there but also those in the standard libraries assigned to $me, $her, and $kiddo even though they are empty because the libraries are not assigned.

Happy2Play

Got it Collections as a shared item are visible since they reside outside of a library, but the media isn't visible because it is in a restricted library.