unable to open any movies in web browser

lurch9366
Go to solution Solved by lurch9366,

lurch9366

The last 2 beta versions of emby server 3.0.5925.0 I am unable to open any titles in ie or chrome (Version 49.0.2623.110 m) when I click on a title from the home screen it goes into that folder i.e. animation but it will not open the title  it just shows the spinning circle and freezes up. It seems to affect emby for wmc as it also will not load any images not already in place i.e. some actor images are blank. This has happened before but a normal reboot would fix it,

now it does not.

I am also having an issue with special features in movies and tv shows. I label them something like  Deleted Scenes or The Making of Jurassic Park. When emby server dos a full refresh for that title it renames them all Jurassic park instead of using the file names. I then need to go in and edit them in emby server to match the file name. The loge file is below. 

http://pastebin.com/04jnVuZz

Edited by lurch9366

lurch9366

I uninstalled to beta, cleared the cash, installed the release version 3.0.5912.0 re-scanned my library and same issues. I am unable to go into any movie or collection from the server webpage to play or edit.  This has happened to me on more than one occasion in the past.  Previous times I have reinstalled windows 7, rebuilt my library, put video ts movies in a separate folder just to name a few.  Thanks again for your time and a great product.

http://pastebin.com/tXz26Dij

Ok, I can't reproduce this, and your log shows no errors. try clearing browsing data, try a different browser, different device, etc. thanks.

lurch9366

all the same result. Different computers, browsers. I removed all library's and re added 1 by one and same issue. I guess I keep loading beta releases until it resolves it.  That is what has worked in the past. Thanks again.

• Solution
lurch9366

It looks like this may be related to having collection folders with those movies in sub-folders. Any folder i.e. box-sets, that had other folders, i.e. Jurassic park collection with the movies in that, i.e. Jurassic Park, Jurassic world, would not load any artwork in emby server or emby for wmc or allow modifying on emby server.  Boxsets/Jurassic park collection/Jurassic park

Jurassic park lost world

Jurassic park III

Jurassic world

Resolution) I moved all movies to the primary folder and am using auto box-sets and if need be customizing the box-sets using emby server and now it is working fine.

Hope this help's other's with the same issue.    

lurch9366

I had my boxsets with manual collections as recommended. i.e. collections xml file in collection folder containing the movies. Please do not assume I did not read the recommended file structure. I have been changing my collection to move with the changes since long before mediabrowser  changed to emby. The latest beta moved the line again so I moved with it. This is a great product and as a supporter I enjoy the feedback. but not this one. 

Vidman

That has not been the recommended method since the product has become emby

Edited by Vidman

I had my boxsets with manual collections as recommended. i.e. collections xml file in collection folder containing the movies. Please do not assume I did not read the recommended file structure. I have been changing my collection to move with the changes since long before mediabrowser  changed to emby. The latest beta moved the line again so I moved with it. This is a great product and as a supporter I enjoy the feedback. but not this one. 

what was done in the beta that required you to change?

That has not been the recommended method since the product has become emby

the collection folder structure is OK for browsing with pure folders. they just don't get all of the collection features that the new style collections get.

• Like 1

lurch9366

what was done in the beta that required you to change?

Note sure exactly. The latest beta caused the artwork to have issue in both emby for wmc and emby server as described above. To be honest it has been a minor issue for a while for me but up until now a reboot would fix it. Ether way It is working much faster now with the setup pr the wiki. Guess I was holding on to tight to all the work I had put into box sets back in the day. I even have some of the original artwork. fan disk anyone?