Subtitles download limit from OpenSubtitles.org?

eugelai

eugelai

Just looking at my dashboard's Recent Activity, and I see a lot of Subtitles failed to download for.... messages

Checking the logs, I see the following

2016-04-01 13:17:03.3321 Info HttpClient: HttpClientManager POST: http://api.opensubtitles.org/xml-rpc

2016-04-01 13:17:03.4853 Error App: Error downloading subtitles
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5911.0
Command line: C:\Users\Eugene\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: C:\Users\Eugene\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Eugene\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
OpenSubtitles rate limit reached
System.ApplicationException
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.OpenSubtitleDownloader.<GetSubtitlesInternal>d__1.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<DownloadSubtitles>d__18.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
  at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
  at MediaBrowser.Providers.MediaInfo.SubtitleDownloader.<DownloadSubtitles>d__12.MoveNext()

When I log into OpenSubtitles, I see that I've downloaded 400, so I guess that's the limit?  Is there a way to disable subtitles downloading all together?  I'd rather not get a ton of error messages from Emby trying to download all the shows I have without subs, because I've reached a limit on the OpenSubtitles side.

I've tried to uncheck the boxes on the Metdata>Subtitles setting page and clear the OpenSubtitles fields, but once you've inputted a Username to the OpenSubtitles.org box, you can't remove it,  it won't let you save an empty field.

Any ideas?

Edited by eugelai

Happy2Play

Last resort delete the subtitle.xml in %appdata%\Emby-Server\config

• 7 months later...
schumi2004

Why not lett emby stop downloading subtitles as soon this message appears?

Today I noticed this also and subtitle download process was only 70% done so why still trying to download them when you know you won't get any?

Maybe an option to configure a limit in Emby that gets reset the next day or monitor error messages and stop subtitle searching?

It's handled internally by the open subtitle provider. When the core requests subtitles from the provider, it will pre-emptively reject rather than sending the outgoing request to open subtitles.

schumi2004

I'm a bit confused now. So the core request for subtitles and triggers Subtitle download task?

And when it reaches rate limit it will not send request to opensubtitles?

If that's correct why not stop requesting for subs or just cancel sub download task?

In my opinion it's just a waist of using system resources. It's fine the request is not send to opensubtitles but don't get it why it keeps trying then  :wacko:

It's a modular subtitle system. Imagine we had multiple providers for subtitles, for example, other places to download them from. That's how it was built although up to this point we haven't had any community members step forward to help build plugins for other sources.

So the scheduled task steps through each video and each subtitle provider is searched. The open subtitle limit is handled internally within the open subtitle provider. We would not want to skip searching other subtitle providers just because the Open Subtitle limit has been reached, so that is why it steps through each video. When a search request is sent to the open subtitle provider, it will see that the limit has been reached and it will just return empty results.

• 3 years later...