Emby on netgear readynas

rjdk2010

rjdk2010

Hi all

Just wondering if their has been any progress with making a emby server for the netgear readynas... looking to purchase one in the not to distant future

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Vidiot

I would also like to see this. I've been testing out Plex on my ReadyNAS 31400 and it just doesn't behave the way I want it to. The library system is too basic. Emby looks like a better option. Especially since I also run WMC with Ceton Echo extenders. Is this even possible, or is their something preventing a ReadyNAS server app from being created?

• 2 months later...
dcook

You would be much better running the Emby server on an actual server and just using the Netgear as an actual NAS, when you try to do everything on one device there are compromises both on features and performance.

You would be much better running the Emby server on an actual server and just using the Netgear as an actual NAS, when you try to do everything on one device there are compromises both on features and performance.

It's not a problem, NAS are equiped with decent processors these days.

I second to the development of a add-on for Netgear ReadyNAS, in my case ReadyNAS R6 (ARM).

There are plugins/addons available for Netgear's major competitors Synology and QNAP and I'm looking for something better than Plex ;)

Cheers,

Ed

• 1 month later...
JBDragon

I'd like to know also if it's Possible on my ReadyNAS 516 which uses a intel i3 processor.  PLEX runs just fine on it and it can transcode a couple 1080P streams at once.  I'l like to give EMBY a shot and see how it works out.  Maybe I can figure it out myself.  Did I hear right, that I'd need to use MONO?  I'm running that for Sonarr on my ReadyNAS.  

Edited by JBDragon

I'd like to know also if it's Possible on my ReadyNAS 516 which uses a intel i3 processor.  PLEX runs just fine on it and it can transcode a couple 1080P streams at once.  I'l like to give EMBY a shot and see how it works out.  Maybe I can figure it out myself.  Did I hear right, that I'd need to use MONO?  I'm running that for Sonarr on my ReadyNAS.  

Hi, welcome! Yes, if you're already running mono then this will probably be pretty easy for you. You'll want to follow the manual linux install steps listed on the website here:

http://emby.media/linux-server.html

I'm very curious to know how this goes so please let us know, thanks!

MndWrp

A readynas server would really make my emby setup complete. I don't know how i could help other than testing but whenever the time comes, I'll be interested.

vaise

Hi,  Id also like this - looked at those manual instructions but way to hard for me.  Id like the installer to be like Plex - Download the installed, upload to NAS and it is all done.

• 1 year later...