Failed install; emby server in Windows Server 2012 R2

kayoemby
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

• 1 year later...
Alexmark

Hi all sorry to revive an old threed but I am at a lose. I have installed Emby several times on my server 2012 r2. each time I shut the server down it disapears completely. The set up exe file  everything.

Any ideas?

Alexmark

Ok I download the setup.exe file from the emby page. I install the program or server as admin. I set up the program etc, libaries etc and everyting works well. I restart the server for any reason at all and it is all gone. it is as if I neve installed emby at all.

But gone from where? Where do you think it is gone from? Is there a particular menu item that is missing?

Alexmark

Lol the whole program. Ok after you set it all up you normally have Emby Server and Emby Server Dashboard. When I install the program I have all of that. It works wonderful.

The problem starts the minute I restart the server 2012 r2 that is. I just installed a new card for the backplane on a 36 hotswap. When I restarted the server Emby has gone. everything. there was no sign of it anywhere. no traces even if I do a search.

Are you installing it under one Windows user, then rebooting and logging in as a different Windows user?

Alexmark

No I am installing and using under the same user each time. It is amazing how it all vanishes. It is as if someone has cleaned the server files. I have checked for programs that can do that but as this is a new install of server 2013 I know no other software has been installed.

Thought is might be a corrupt profile so I reinstalled the o/s and still have the same problem.

Ok, I'm not sure about this, sorry. It sounds like something specific to your environment as I've never heard of this before. You might consider grabbing the portable download from the website and just putting that in the folder of your choice. thanks.

Alexmark

Well I am thinking about putting the emby server on a diffrent machine that has it on before and linking the folders form the servewr server to emby server. I know I should not have to but I used it that way before.