Trailers gone in 5911

revengineer

revengineer

With version 5911 trailers can no longer be viewed. It says that I need to install the trailer channel but it is already installed. Please help.

revengineer

Bump. Has anyone tried on 5911 to navigate to Movies->Trailers? I get "No trailers found. Install the Trailer channel to enhance your movie experience by adding a library of internet trailers." But if I go to Channels->Trailers->New and upcoming in theaters, I see the trailers. 

revengineer

Ok, after I select to User->Home screen settings->Display channels in line with views, the trailers show up under Movies->trailers. This seems to be a bug. Can you confirm?

Happy2Play

Ok, after I select to User->Home screen settings->Display channels in line with views, the trailers show up under Movies->trailers. This seems to be a bug. Can you confirm?

Was going to say they work for me but this is how my setup is.  I can confirm the behavior you are seeing in 5911.

• Like 1

This is resolved for the next release, thanks.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
wildpig953

This is resolved for the next release, thanks.

Hi guys

Im running emby for WMC and yes trailers are working now with the last couple of server updates, however i am unable to stream a trailer without it stopping and downloading the next 30-40 seconds to play.

Now i have NBN fibre 25Mb down and 5Mb up, the pc CPU is sitting at around 3% during playback, the network download speed swings between about 600kbs and 1.2Mbs.

I do really enjoy the trailers plugin, please is there something i can do to fix this issue.

thanks in advance

Wildpig

ps attached the trailer log

why is my system transcoding the stream? I am watching directly on the PC

Trailers log.txt

Edited by wildpig953

revengineer

Hi guys

Im running emby for WMC and yes trailers are working now with the last couple of server updates, however i am unable to stream a trailer without it stopping and downloading the next 30-40 seconds to play.

Now i have NBN fibre 25Mb down and 5Mb up, the pc CPU is sitting at around 3% during playback, the network download speed swings between about 600kbs and 1.2Mbs.

I do really enjoy the trailers plugin, please is there something i can do to fix this issue.

thanks in advance

Wildpig

ps attached the trailer log

why is my system transcoding the stream? I am watching directly on the PC

SEPARATE ISSUE = NEW THREAD

Happy2Play

This issue is resolved, at least with my testing.

• 4 months later...

I'm having the same problem reported in OP.  Sever is 3.0.6400.0.  Is a fix for this planned at some point?  Thanks!

Hi there, welcome. This is an old thread. Can you please discuss the problem that you're having? Please see the guidelines in how to report a problem. Thanks!

maximumentropy

Hi there, welcome. This is an old thread. Can you please discuss the problem that you're having? Please see the guidelines in how to report a problem. Thanks!

Thanks for the response.  I had figured it would be OK since this appeared to be a regression of the same bug.  My bad!

In any case, as I went to reproduce the problem to file a proper report, it suddenly started working as expected.  So either it's a heisenbug or I need to stop drinking so much.  Sorry for the false alarm.