Feature Suggestions

vixxy

I'm a developer too and sometimes when you spend so much time developing on your own product you tend to need some fresh eyes. I have a couple of suggestions that will make your app a little better. These 2 suggestions focus on the trailers and collections

Trailer

Trailer for movies.

TRAILER_zpsuylj25e2.jpg

When users download tons of movies, they tend not to see them all at once. For example, I have hundreds of obscure movies I forgot I even downloaded and would love to see the trailer for it. I get that some won't have a trailer but perhaps scrapping Youtube for a trailer for that movie would be a great idea. Plex has this, I really think this is needed. 

Collections

Having a dedicated collections box or button means you dont have to dig into your movies library to find what you need plus I think it's a natural feeling to have quick access to them. 

You could have collections from the left hand list or a box on top

collections1_zpsoew8ixsv.jpg

collections2_zpsy7xjkszp.jpg

Then I guess there's a bug with the plugin since I can't seem to have to show up on the main screen.

Also how do you enable the trailer feature on that screen?

Vidman

Nothing to do with plugins , there is a user setting to show a collections item on the home screen.

Although emby will only locate you tube trailers if they exist on tmdb i believe it will show them if there is a tag for it in items .nfo file as inserted by other metadata softwares as well

Or alternatively there is a paid plugin that will download then for you

See here http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/22350-Emby-not-Scraping-Youtube-Trailer-information?

And here http://www.ballingtons.com/products/

Edited by Vidman

Thanks for the info.

I think collections is broken for the Fire TV.

On a Roku 3 collections pop up just fine but nowhere to be seen on Fire TV.

so this points to either the App build or the plugin.

Speaking of Roku....there's a bug where it doesn't remember the user even though in the settings its set to remember, I have to log in everytime where on the Fire TV it remembers when set.

Speaking of Roku....there's a bug where it doesn't remember the user even though in the settings its set to remember, I have to log in everytime where on the Fire TV it remembers when set.

You changed the "remember last user" setting at some point to "no". To make it remember you after changing it to "yes", you need to log out. Then pick the user, and forever on it will remember that user. If you use the blue neon night app on your roku it will do this log out automatically.

The roku has these, this is how you notice them lacking in other apps. Play trailers from the detail screen along with Collections in both user views root view and the movie library view. These are both ways to reduce clicks to navigate the UI.

Edited by speechles

I don't think there is a current problem with the collections library item.  Have you enabled the options in your user preferences using the web client?

I don't think there is a current problem with the collections library item.  Have you enabled the options in your user preferences using the web client?

You're right. It came to light in another thread and he enabled it.

• Like 1