DLNA renderers no more seen with Emby Server 3.0.5911.0

jcba

Hi,

I used for months Emby server (3.0.58xxx) on my Windows 10 PC.
It  detected my DLNA renderers perfectly (Samsung TV, Freebox Player and Marantz-CR610)  and I can play my music on any of them by the "Play to" button.

Today I have reactivated the automatique Emby server updates and I get the 3.0.5911.0 version.
With this version, the "Play to" list only shows "My device", all my DLNA rendrers have disapeared.
I've tried to restart my three devices, but still nothing in the "Play to" list...

Where can I download an earlier version of Emby server (3.0.58xxx) to use my renderers as I used to until today?

Thanks.
J-C

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Have the same issue v5911 not seeing Samsung TV.

Your server still contains the previous server.  Look in your Emby-Server folder you will see a system.old folder, that is your previous version.  Every update moves from system to system.old.

So shut down server, delete your system folder and rename system.old to system, start server.

Thank you for the tip.

However, I already tried to download beta version (3.0.5921.0) and I think that my working 3.0.58xxx version has definitely gone away... :(

J-C

Hi Happy2Play,

Version 3.0.5882 did'nt solve my problem, I needed to roll back to 3.0.5871 to see my renderers again.

Anyway, you saved my life!

Many thanks !

Glad you're having success although unfortunately rolling back doesn't help us resolve issue.

Ok, glad to see this post as it indicates I'm not the only one.

I'm on dev 3.0.5931.23086 currently.

"Play To" no longer detects some of my renderers as well - HP Mediasmart Connects (MCE extenders)

Should I enable the DLNA debug before sharing logs?

CFC

Glad you're having success although unfortunately rolling back doesn't help us resolve issue.

If you need something to help resolve the issue, let me know.

Happy2Play

Don't know why Samsung TV would not show up for cast and active devices on (5911) so I restored previous system folder (5882) and system.xml just in case from backups.  TV appeared instantly, then auto-update would complete do to process not quitting fast enough so I performed another auto-update, shutdown server manually extracted update and TV now appears via cast and active devices new stable (5911).

twistedLucidity

Having upgraded last night and owning a Samsung TV, this thread worried me. Just tested and 5911 on Ubuntu 14.04 to a Samsung UE32H5500A KXXU run (software version 2820) and it's working perfectly ("Play To" and basic DLNA).

Only thing I can remember having to do special, was shut down emby-server (via web UI rather than CLI) before running the upgrade via aptitude.

If only the Panasonic were this easy! :(

Edited by twistedLucidity