Please add a "Scan Library" button to the main dashboard page.

AdrianW

AdrianW

Now that the UI navigation has been altered to have nested levels - it now takes three clicks to initiate a library scan (Library > Folders > Scan Library).

I don't like using automatic library scanning as it causes me problems (my NAS is not powered on 24/7) - so I always manually initiate library scans (often multiple times a day after adding various new content).

Please consider adding a "Scan Library" button to the main dashboard page or even to the left hand navigation list (if that's possible).

Maybe something like this:

DjwVwF7.png

Anyone else that would like this feature - please "Like" this post as it helps bring it to the devs' attention.

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 13

ThaDraGun

or

Scheduled Tasks > Scan Media Library (press Play button)

but ya, it would be nice right on the first page..

Nazgulled

Just throwing a second option that could possible solve your problems without a change from the Emby devs...

By "automatic library scanning" I'm assuming you meant a schedule task running periodically, right? But wouldn't real-time monitoring in conjunction with a schedule task to run at application startup do the trick for you?

Just a thought :)

AdrianW

By "automatic library scanning" I'm assuming you meant a schedule task running periodically, right? But wouldn't real-time monitoring in conjunction with a schedule task to run at application startup do the trick for you?

I don't want it to run on startup just in case it starts when my content is offline (I've had my library all get marked as offline more than once). And I don't want automatic library scanning as I use metabrowser for metadata - and automatic scanning gets in the way as the content gets added to Emby before Metabrowser has finished.

I suggested a 'scan library' button on the main page before and was told as Emby auto scans on demand it wasn't needed.

I'm glad there is someone else out there that could see it's usefulness, regardless of how Emby 'works' and how and when user would want to use it.

Such a simple feature that's 3 mouse clicks away when it could be on the right click context menu of the server icon in the taskbar.

Just saying ;)

• Like 1

AdrianW

... when it could be on the right click context menu of the server icon in the taskbar.

That's a good idea too - but many users won't be running the server on the PC they use regularly. Mine is running on a NUC under the TV (it also runs EMC) - but I initiate scans from my main desktop PC in the study.

Edited by AdrianW

mcpllabelle

Now that the UI navigation has been altered to have nested levels - it now takes three clicks to initiate a library scan (Library > Folders > Scan Library).

I don't like using automatic library scanning as it causes me problems (my NAS is not powered on 24/7) - so I always manually initiate library scans (often multiple times a day after adding various new content).

Please consider adding a "Scan Library" button to the main dashboard page or even to the left hand navigation list (if that's possible).

Maybe something like this:

DjwVwF7.png

Anyone else that would like this feature - please "Like" this post as it helps bring it to the devs' attention.

I second that motion...

I was thinking about that this weekend.

• Like 1

AdrianW

I second that motion...

I was thinking about that this weekend.

@@mcpllabelle - don't forget to click the "Like This" button on the first post.

Edited by AdrianW