E-Series 7.1 support

SamES

SamES

Surprisingly 7.1 audio works fine on E-Series without transcoding (confirmed via DLNA playback and tested in the client).  

Can we please have the audio channel support bumped up from 6 to 8?  I suspect it should also be fine for F-series.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Are you talking DTS-HD 7.1 only?  I have tested it on my F-series and it plays without transcoding.  The DTS decoder in our devices is smart enough to pull the 5.1 core and play that since it can't play the actual HD track.  I'm sure that's what we are hearing 

shorty requested this awhile back and cmcg made the change already I think.  Just hasn't been released yet. 

TrueHD and Atmos won't play on my receiver though and need to be converted to ACS 5.1

The DCA audiochannels should be set at 8 for all models E-H in the next release

440 		case "dca": 
441 			this.audiocodec = true; 
442 			this.audiocontainer = ["asf","avi","mkv","mp4","3gpp","mpg","mpeg","ts","m4v","m2ts","mov","vro","tp","trp","flv","vob","svi","mts","divx"]; 
443 			this.audiochannels = 7; 
444 			break; 

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

SamES

Are you talking DTS-HD 7.1 only?  I have tested it on my F-series and it plays without transcoding.  The DTS decoder in our devices is smart enough to pull the 5.1 core and play that since it can't play the actual HD track.  I'm sure that's what we are hearing 

shorty requested this awhile back and cmcg made the change already I think.  Just hasn't been released yet. 

TrueHD and Atmos won't play on my receiver though and need to be converted to ACS 5.1

The DCA audiochannels should be set at 8 for all models E-H in the next release

440 		case "dca": 
441 			this.audiocodec = true; 
442 			this.audiocontainer = ["asf","avi","mkv","mp4","3gpp","mpg","mpeg","ts","m4v","m2ts","mov","vro","tp","trp","flv","vob","svi","mts","divx"]; 
443 			this.audiochannels = 7; 
444 			break; 

You're probably right about the 5.1.  Yes, it was DCA that I changed to 8 channels

56f89a269ddc3_Snip.png

FrostByte

Cool.  Glad you tested it, we only tested F and H-series so far.  I forgot you had an E, but we sort of figured it would work and it could always be changed back easily if not :)