how to show login screen every time

chuga

Hi,

just trying out theater for the first time (usually use wmc)

how can I configure it to show the user login screen each time I start theater?

for example - if I am logged in as a user and then close theater the next time I start theater it automatically logs in with that user. 

All of the other apps (roku, wmc) show the user login screen each time.

seems like a setting I just can't find.

thanks

chuga

• Like 1

Hi, at the moment we don't have a setting for this, but it's planned for the future.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Wilky13

+1

Would like to always see the login screen on all Emby devices (ET, roku, iOS, etc.)  Emby for WMC does it.

• 4 weeks later...
Jack Burton

This would be great. Even something as simple as an option in the user tab, like "Sign Out", "Exit", and "Sign Out and Exit"

• 2 weeks later...
AdrianW

So the default is to auto log off? Yeah!!

You'll probably need to login once manually so you can uncheck the "Remember Me" box - after that it's basically "Auto Logout" - i.e. once you exit the app, you'll need to login again (or at least just click your user icon).

Jack Burton

You'll probably need to login once manually so you can uncheck the "Remember Me" box - after that it's basically "Auto Logout" - i.e. once you exit the app, you'll need to login again (or at least just click your user icon).

I'm finding that I need to uncheck "Remember Me" every time I log in, otherwise it just boots up into the last profile like before. It seems to default with "Remember Me" checked.

AdrianW

I'm finding that I need to uncheck "Remember Me" every time I log in, otherwise it just boots up into the last profile like before. It seems to default with "Remember Me" checked.

"Remember me" on the manual login screen does appear to default to checked every time you go to the manual login screen. But, if you login via that screen just once (and uncheck the box) and then just click the user icons to login in the future, it will always startup at the login screen.

For those users who want to manually login each time, it would be preferable if "Remember me" defaulted to the same value as the previous time (checked / unchecked). But, I would assume most users would be simply clicking on their user image as that's much quicker than typing in a name.

Wilky13

I am not seeing the "Remember Me" option to uncheck it. ET still auto logs into the last user that exited ET.

Version : 2.3.8

No passwords on accounts (small kids can't remember passwords!)

Edit: never mind figured it out. Had to manually login once. All good now! You have to manually log in every user once to uncheck everyone's " Remember me" so no one auto logs in anymore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Wilky13

Jack Burton

Edit: never mind figured it out. Had to manually login once. All good now! You have to manually log in every user once to uncheck everyone's " Remember me" so no one auto logs in anymore.

Can you explain this a bit more? Every time I go to log in I still have to uncheck remember me in order to not auto log in next time. I logged in every account then logged out and still the rememeber me option is always checked