MediaPortal TV Plugin 1.3.3.0 needs attention!

pünktchen

optimalt

That is really too bad [emoji20]

Trying to follow.. [emoji14]

Does this mean that it's likley that people (in countries where there is no HDHomerun) will not be able to watch football games or the upcoming olympics in high quality in ET AND stream to an iphone? Even though both works with different boxes ticked?

Skickat från min SM-G920F via Tapatalk

jds828

@pünktchen

Just noticed something this morning. My guide was showing the wrong channel order so I checked the plugin. When I first opened the plugin it had the spinning circle and not showing the red or green writing to say it was connected to MPExtended. As soon as I clicked save and test, the circle went away and the green "Connected" came up. When I checked the channel group it had defaulted to the first group in MP (Entertainment) I had to set it back to the group I made and run the EPG updater in Emby.

The physical server or Emby server hadn't restarted and the TV was working Ok,

Let me know if you want any logs and I'll send them over to you.

Thanks

pünktchen

Trying to follow.. [emoji14]

Does this mean that it's likley that people (in countries where there is no HDHomerun) will not be able to watch football games or the upcoming olympics in high quality in ET AND stream to an iphone? Even though both works with different boxes ticked?

That's not a fault of the plugin!
  • Like 1

optimalt

That's not a fault of the plugin!

I'm not saying it is - just trying to understand.

pünktchen

@pünktchen

Just noticed something this morning. My guide was showing the wrong channel order so I checked the plugin. When I first opened the plugin it had the spinning circle and not showing the red or green writing to say it was connected to MPExtended. As soon as I clicked save and test, the circle went away and the green "Connected" came up. When I checked the channel group it had defaulted to the first group in MP (Entertainment) I had to set it back to the group I made and run the EPG updater in Emby.

The physical server or Emby server hadn't restarted and the TV was working Ok,

Let me know if you want any logs and I'll send them over to you.

Thanks

I've seen this also recently. I think i have to remove the connection validation in the config page...

jds828

I've seen this also recently. I think i have to remove the connection validation in the config page...

Ok thanks.

It's certainly not a big issue or causing playback problems. Just wanted to let you know any issues as I see them.

• Like 1

pünktchen

Looks other tv-plugins are struggeling with similar issues

I have a theory about this [emoji55]

No it doesn't mean that because direct play could still be possible. I know dvb and server wmc support that

optimalt

No it doesn't mean that because direct play could still be possible. I know dvb and server wmc support that

"That" as in direct play to ET and works with iOS?

iOS does not have the same format support as Emby Theater so it's a little different. There are a lot of factors that affect whether it will direct play such as bandwidth and network connection, bitrate, etc. The point is the plugins expose the stream so that it can be direct played if all of the requirements line up.

• Like 1

pünktchen

The problem is, if i deliver mediainfo (that's needed for direct play and is working fine in Android and Theater) the iOS app refuses to play the transcoded stream, but it works in Chrome. Edited by pünktchen

jds828

Tried what you said but IOS starts then stops no matter if you use 0 or 1500. I'm running the beta of Emby IOS (17) @@Luke, could that be an issue?

ET v2 seems ok

Let me know if you want me to try any other settings

Edited by jds828

pünktchen

Tried what you said but IOS starts then stops no matter if you use 0 or 1500. I'm running the beta of Emby IOS (17) @@Luke, could that be an issue?

ET v2 seems ok

No other tests needed. I thought something has changed in regard to transcoding, but maybe i'm wrong...

Btw. 0 doesn't disable mediainfo anymore (that was only in the test version here), it's "enable direct playback" and "enable direct streaming" - without that no mediainfo.

jds828

Ok,

I just took it off as Android Mobile also stopped working. Problem now is the backup of my server auto updates to the test plugin, Can that be turned off?

Thanks

EDIT: Forget the above. Back on beta server with latest plugin and all working again.

Edited by jds828
  • Like 1

optimalt

Tried what you said but IOS starts then stops no matter if you use 0 or 1500. I'm running the beta of Emby IOS (17) @@Luke, could that be an issue?

ET v2 seems ok

Got the same results unfortunatly. Except Android is working for me.

Thank you for your hard work trying to solve this pünktchen!

jds828

Got the same results unfortunatly. Except Android is working for me.

Thank you for your hard work trying to solve this pünktchen!

I forgot to mention that I only use Android Mobile over 4G/LTE. The main reason for this is that I don't use my phone at home for watching media but I do use it when I'm out and about.

I was having another look at the IOS app. When I use anything other than 0 in the timer the seek bar in the video shows. By the looks of it, what you set is the time you get. 1500 gives 1.5 seconds of video then it stops, 3000 gives 3 seconds. you'd think that zero would show no video. Does this give any clues to playback issues?

The latest version of the plugin seems to be holding the channel group now and the spinning circle has gone from the plugin settings page. 

pünktchen

I was having another look at the IOS app. When I use anything other than 0 in the timer the seek bar in the video shows. By the looks of it, what you set is the time you get. 1500 gives 1.5 seconds of video then it stops, 3000 gives 3 seconds. you'd think that zero would show no video. Does this give any clues to playback issues? 

The "delay" is really just a pause in the code before the stream gets analyzed. Otherwise mediainfo sometimes returns false or empty values...

Please test the attached plugin!

jds828

@@jds828 and  @@optimalt

thanks for your cooperation and patience with this problem!

It's not a problem at all. We all have slightly different hardware, you're working on the plugin, the outcome can only be a better system. I'm sure there will be a lot more bumps in the road before it's 100%.

I've installed the new .dll. Anything you want setting or testing with it?

pünktchen

It's not a problem at all. We all have slightly different hardware, you're working on the plugin, the outcome can only be a better system. I'm sure there will be a lot more bumps in the road before it's 100%.

I've installed the new .dll. Anything you want setting or testing with it?

As usual - iOS app with delay 1500, direct playback, direct streaming and transcoding, all three enabled.

jds828

Looking good on IOS.

Set to 1500 with the options ticked as above and the ipad played HD & SD TV fine.

It wouldn't play on Android Mobile though. It could be my 4G or any number of things so I'll keep looking into it and try other settings.

Thanks again for the work you're doing on this.

pünktchen

Looking good on IOS.

Set to 1500 with the options ticked as above and the ipad played HD & SD TV fine.

It wouldn't play on Android Mobile though. It could be my 4G or any number of things so I'll keep looking into it and try other settings.

Thanks again for the work you're doing on this.

It plays on iOS, really? [emoji3]

Let's wait for @@optimalt before i put this online.