J Series TV

CBers

CBers

Has anyone with a J Series TV tried Emby Theatre on it via the web browser?

Just wondered, as looking at getting a J Series TV for a bedroom, but would like you use Emby without having to plug any devices into it.

Thanks in advance.

I don't know what letter series I have but u have a 2015 model for testing and the web app works well on it so it just needs to be packaged into an app.

• Like 3

CBers

OK, thanks Luke.

I might go out and buy the TV tomorrow then.

I believe the 2015 model is J with 2016 a K.

• Like 2

CBers

I don't know what letter series I have but u have a 2015 model for testing and the web app works well on it so it just needs to be packaged into an app.

I pick up the J series TV on Friday (out of stock until then !!), so will have a play with ET via the browser.

Any timescales as to when a packaged app will be available please ??

Thanks.

CBers

I was able to pick up the TV today, so I have had a play with ET via the browser.

Needs a bit more work to make it more intuitive, but it plays stuff OK.

• Like 2

ronvp

The browser option barely works..and the browser option is not really any good for a TV front end.  I think we need to be patient until a developer creates an Tizen APP. In the mean time, you could co-install PLEX on the same server as EMBY, set it to use local fanart. It has a really good Tizen App.

CBers

The browser option barely works..and the browser option is not really any good for a TV front end. I think we need to be patient until a developer creates an Tizen APP. In the mean time, you could co-install PLEX on the same server as EMBY, set it to use local fanart. It has a really good Tizen App.

Thanks, but no thanks :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Crestj

I have a J series (UE48J5500) and the web browser route was too clunky for me as well.

The TV does have DNLA and picks up Emby as a source. Browsing is fairly easy and it plays, it's just not super pretty like MCE, etc.

• 3 weeks later...
CBers

Any update on this please Luke?

• 2 weeks later...
ronvp

Any update on this please Luke?

I use plex for my Samsung bedroom tv. their Tizen app is really good... Running plex and Emby on the same server is really no problem at all.

Edited by ronvp

• 5 months later...

Hi

I've just discovered Emby and like it so far. Got the app on my F series TV but I also have a J series. Is there any update on an app for this one? I can't find any info on this.