Unhandeled Exeption

Bizzy

Hi,

A few days ago I installed Server, Theartre and Classid all on the same machine. At first everything seemed to work fine, but no I have a problem.

After starting up my HTPC the server is not running and thus MB Classic isn't working.

If I try to start the Server I get Messages:

"Unhandeled Exeption: Safehand is closed" and another one: "Unhandeled Exeption: Each socket adress (protocol/network adress/ port) can normally be used onced.

For now, I re-installed the server....I hope this solves the problem.

Edited by Bizzy

Logfile named: unhandled_b88e919f-8124-4901-b8c7-9349e89c457e

Each SocketAddress (protocol/networkadress/port) can normally be used once
System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
   bij System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
   bij System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
   bij System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
   bij System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start()
   bij Alchemy.TcpServer.Listen(Object state)
   bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(Object state)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bij System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   bij System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
   bij System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
   bij System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

Edited by Bizzy

cmh32765

I had this same issue when I attempted to have the "Media Browser" service automatically start on boot and then attempt to start the "Media Browser Server" from the start menu.

If the service is started automatically the tray icon does not show up, but the server is running in the background. Check to see if the service is started from the control panel and set it to manual, then stop it. Reboot. If it has not already started, start the server with the icon in the start menu. The tray icon should show up as normal.

or

Just try to get to the dashboard after a reboot without trying to start the server from the start menu, even if there is an error, using your web browser. Then uncheck the "Run server at startup" check box. Reboot and the error should go away. No icon, no error but the server is running. This is the route I chose.

Hope this help you!

Edited by cmh32765

I Can try this later today. But do I understand right if I eacht time after a reboot I have to start the server manually? This is not desired. But if there is no other solution at the moment....

cmh32765

No. It will start up without you doing anything depending on your choice. I believe you just have both choices turned on at the moment. My description should at least get you back to a no error state where you can make your choice.

You can either have the service start by setting it to "automatically start" OR you can select the check box in the dashboard to start the server when you log in. Both cannot be enabled.

I have not done a bunch of testing, but I do not want to log in(manually) or click the icon(manually) in order for the server to start up. I want it to start as a service(automatically) as I have this on a server that I do not want to log in to in for Mediabrowser to run.

Does this make sense?

I had this same issue when I attempted to have the "Media Browser" service automatically start on boot and then attempt to start the "Media Browser Server" from the start menu.

If the service is started automatically the tray icon does not show up, but the server is running in the background. Check to see if the service is started from the control panel and set it to manual, then stop it. Reboot. If it has not already started, start the server with the icon in the start menu. The tray icon should show up as normal.

or

Just try to get to the dashboard after a reboot without trying to start the server from the start menu, even if there is an error, using your web browser. Then uncheck the "Run server at startup" check box. Reboot and the error should go away. No icon, no error but the server is running. This is the route I chose.

Hope this help you!

In my case the server is not running in the background. I have checked this. Under services Mediabrowser service is already  manual and stopped without my doing.

The route you chose is either working for me, it is not possible to start the dashboard. Error message: check http://localhost:8096.....

Other solutions?

For now problem solved: Under services I switched mediabowser service to automatic and turned it on...... Everything seemses to work fine now