Genre questions

sasaba

Two questions/concerns/problems when working with genres in MBC (haven't been able to find any info with search):

1: I can not queue up an entire genre to play like I could in MB2 by pressing play on the genre icon in music or movies (mainly desire for music) is this by intent? Can queue an entire artist, album or movie boxset.

2: When a music genre is selected the subsequent list by artist includes all albums and songs for that artist regardless if they are the right genre or not. Only artists are shown that have music labeled with that genre but all their music is included and not just songs labeled with the selected genre. I don't recall for sure but do not believe this was the case in MB2. Again is this by intent?

Merry Christmas and thanks for all the work and Happy Birthday @@ebr

It helps us a lot if you keep separate issues in separate topics so we can solve them one at a time and mark them that way.

Your second issue is by design at this moment although it could possibly be improved in the future.

Your first issue appears to be theme-dependent.  It works in Chocolate but not in the current default theme.  I'll look at it.

Two questions/concerns/problems when working with genres in MBC (haven't been able to find any info with search):

1: I can not queue up an entire genre to play like I could in MB2 by pressing play on the genre icon in music or movies (mainly desire for music) is this by intent? Can queue an entire artist, album or movie boxset.

2: When a music genre is selected the subsequent list by artist includes all albums and songs for that artist regardless if they are the right genre or not. Only artists are shown that have music labeled with that genre but all their music is included and not just songs labeled with the selected genre. I don't recall for sure but do not believe this was the case in MB2. Again is this by intent?

Merry Christmas and thanks for all the work and Happy Birthday @@ebr

Funny.  I was just about to post the same 2 questions.  Number 1 does work with the Chocolate theme but doesn't work with the default theme.  

Regarding number 2; please consider improving this as it makes filtering be genre not particularly useful.  Consider the "Christmas" music genre for example.  Many artist have very few Christmas albums compared to all of their other releases.  When I filtered by the Christmas genre and added an artists to the queue the result was perhaps 1 song 15 matching the selected genre and I ended up exiting out of MB3 and using J River Media Center for music playback.

As usual, thanks for all of your hard work!

It could definitely be improved but not sure when I will get to it.

A workaround is to just not group by artist.

But then you can't play all Christmas music by the Lettermen very easily. I  had to go to XBMC to do what I wanted. In other words +1 to make this improvement. 

With regards to item 1, I use Subdued so that as well as the default theme do not work in this regard. Sorry for posting 2 issues in the same thread, to me at least initially they seemed related as they both dealt with genres and I did not realize that 1 was theme dependent.

No worries.  I've already fixed the first issue for the next release of MBC.  And thanks for the birthday wishes!