Emby now underscanning in WMC

EmbyLearner
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

EmbyLearner

Having used Emby for the better part of 2 years now I am a bit exasperated because I have always been able to solve my problems through research and learning from others mistakes on line. This problem, however, I need help. I recently reinstalled WMC and updated EMBY and since then WMC opens fully and works fine, however, Emby opens within WMC with a severe underscan with borders around all for sides. Nothing else in WMC has this underscan, not WMC itself, Live TV is full screen, Media Center native screens open fully, and Movies even play without the underscan issue. But Emby screens remain boxed in with the underscan. Tried every tick and researched 10-20 web articles none will solve my problem. This is not graphics card issue as all else is fine, Desktop and other apps including WMC are not underscaned. Noticed that there is a new under/overscan correction feature in advanced tools area of Emby WMC now (which indicates to me that this problem may be due to an unforeseen issue with an update). I can not use that tool to correct the main screen underscan issue because it will then cause a severe overscan issue when you select Movies or Music, Collections etc..and go deeper into Emby. Those Emby screens will then ride off the page severely and overlap the WMC and Emby controls as well. Please tell me that this is an unfortunate situation caused by an update that you are aware of and will be fixed shortly. If not please help me correct this problem as I have exhausted my skill-sets on it.

Kevin

EmbyLearner

Thanks. Really appreciate such a fast reply. Already saw that article. But as stated in the article, really don't want to hack around in the registry at my level of expertise. I am a patient soul. Do we Know what is causing this or which update caused it? Can it be addressed in a future update or beta release? Please? Or can I install a previous version prior to the update that caused the scan issue in the meantime? As I don't want to have a series of one off customizations and registry tweaks holding my Emby together. And registry tweaks scare me worse. I have always been able to resolve issues without having to resort to that. My Emby was a model for the world of how great this product is until this happened. 

The Emby team's ability to resolve these kinds of issues relatively quickly and keep this program clean and moving forward is what has commanded my loyalty over the years, and honestly is what made me refer so many people and donate as a premier member. The registry tweaking and code adjustments would make me feel like I've fixed it with duct tape that will come back to haunt us at some point instead of providing actionable info on the issue for the Emby team to resolve permanently. I am willing to beta anything you need if it will help. Please consider.

Thanks

Kevin

Thanks. Really appreciate such a fast reply. Already saw that article. But as stated in the article, really don't want to hack around in the registry at my level of expertise. I am a patient soul. Do we Know what is causing this or which update caused it? Can it be addressed in a future update or beta release? Please? Or can I install a previous version prior to the update that caused the scan issue in the meantime? As I don't want to have a series of one off customizations and registry tweaks holding my Emby together. And registry tweaks scare me worse. I have always been able to resolve issues without having to resort to that. My Emby was a model for the world of how great this product is until this happened. 

The Emby team's ability to resolve these kinds of issues relatively quickly and keep this program clean and moving forward is what has commanded my loyalty over the years, and honestly is what made me refer so many people and donate as a premier member. The registry tweaking and code adjustments would make me feel like I've fixed it with duct tape that will come back to haunt us at some point instead of providing actionable info on the issue for the Emby team to resolve permanently. I am willing to beta anything you need if it will help. Please consider.

Thanks

Kevin

You have to remember that windows media center was designed way back during a time when the windows registry was the most common and recommended way to store application data. So while you might consider it a hack, it is more likely just a WMC setting that never made it's way into WMC settings screens. It's not duct tape, it's just the way things were done (over a decade ago). 

I don't believe this was the result of any change in EMC.  WMC has always been finicky about its plug-ins and displaying their content.  One of the techniques in that FAQ usually resolves these issues.

The easiest one is to play with the different settings of "display type" in WMC setup.  I've seen changing that solve this a lot of times.

EmbyLearner

I am not worthy...

Public apology to the entire Emby team for not trusting you guys initially. Tried the registry mod and it worked like a charm, however, my apology is not for that. It is for thinking the instructions were a kind of hack. What I found in WMC made no sense as they were now somehow set to 24, 33, 33 and 24. The instructions merely fixed incorrect registry entries as opposed to changing them. No duct tape here! My Emby remains clean and the envy of the world! We are moving forward again. Look forward to the next release.

You have earned my blind loyalty from this day forward and I advise all others the same!

bow_before_another_400_clr_10106.jpg

• Like 1