Metadata ness

Pirlo1966

Pirlo1966

A bit more clear now. However, since metadata often involves a lot of work especially with large libraries I would urge you to add warning messages when one sets download and/or save metadata in metadata basics. And if unchecked the download image tab should not be visible or selectable since it is linked to the download and/or save metadata.

What happens if I check download but uncheck save metadata? xml's will not be touched? images still download but not in movie folder?

What happens if I check download but uncheck save metadata? xml's will not be touched? images still download but not in movie folder?

correct

Pirlo1966

First time I will complain about MB3. The metadata part is so confusing. I did something wrong I guess and now all my metadata is messed up. 

I do not want MB3 to touch my movie metadata, except for my music collection. Should I disable both download and save metadata in metadata basics? And if I do that, will it still download images as defined in image downloading?

And what is metadata manager? Do these settings overide the settings of metadata basics? Or is the other way around?

I do not understand why all my localised MPAA ratings and quite some movie descriptions were overwritten with US ones despite my prefered language and country setting. Shouldn´t it skip it if the metadata already  is present or when it cannot download the right metadata for the language and country setting?

The save local metadata applies to both xml and images, and it currently applies to all item types.

When we download metadata we specify your preferred language but that doesn't necessarily mean we'll get ratings in that language. It just depends on what data the provider has available.  We say give us AU but if there's no AU rating on file we get back US. We have no control over that.

The metadata manager gives you an interface to edit your metadata. You can also lock fields on items to prevent them from getting changed again.

Pirlo1966

Ok, I restored in all movie.xml localised mpaa ratings. However, after deleting library dbase and performing a media scan, al lot of the movies still show US mpaa ratings?  Is this because of a cache somewhere I should delete as well?

Pirlo1966

not sure what you mean with dashboard settings? I have everything (both download and save) unchecked in metadata tab.