Does Android App support ALAC files

denz
Go to solution Solved by denz,

denz

I just started to rip my cd collection i used itunes to rip the cd using apple looseless. However they dont play in android i can see the time ticking along but no sound coming out of the speakers. The server is reporting direct playing On ipad they work fine. It is an old xperia z phone. If any one thinks of a better win applications for organising and ripping cd let me know. I also tried windows media player but files are much larger than from itunes.

Thank you

denz

Hi @@Luke,

Glad to hear please find attached logs. I noticed in android app the time is ticking along but when I look at the dashboard it always stays the same. 

When I load emby theater on the same pc as server the music is playing but it is transcoding and the clock is ticking along.

Thank you 

56f62b7a7a7c2_Capture98.png

56f62c4e735de_Capture90.png

denz

I have tested it with Samsung Galaxy s6 and the same result no sound is coming from the speakers so it seems that it is the same for every android phone.

denz

It doesn't have any media info like movies or recorded tv unless I am doing it wrong. If I click on the album I get the list of the songs and at the bottom of the page I have only this 

Details

Links: MusicBrainz Album  /  MusicBrainz Release Group

I did more testing in web clients it plays in ie but not in chrome in chrome you press the play button but nothing is happening the server active device is not picking anything up. 

• 1 month later...